Keeto Possible Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
adi_gallia

Keeto Possible Revamp

Post by adi_gallia »

Well, there is a Keeto Revamp Poll up, asking us to pick and I can't really see the difference.

ImageImage
Old | New

Ok, I can see the differences, but they were so minor that the poll isn't really necessary. I still think this needs a revamp, like a change of pose or something, I'm thinking a mix between the Reborn and Hydrus Keeto. It looks like it has no neck to me and the legs still look wrong for me.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Keeto Possible Revamp

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm also surprised they bothered to poll this, but it beats the alternative of massively revamping pets without bothering to poll.

I don't like Keetos before or after, but I can't imagine anything that Keeto-lovers will disapprove of.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I miss the loss of shine on the bottom part of the aura stuff and I like the large shadow on the back of the old and I don't like the shiny bit on the back of the new. Otherwise though, I guess its an overall alright update. Mostly just some added shading definition to the ears is all I can see. And some slight paw tweaking among other small things. Not bad, not good. Mostly the same. Kinda boring for an update, but I'm sure Keeto fans will breath a sigh of relief.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Elfwoman99

Post by Elfwoman99 »

Mostly they just changed the eyes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The face is a bit nicer, but it still has cankles of doom. It has toes, but no paws or ankles whatsoever on its front legs.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Wh..wh..why poll this? At first I cleared my cache, being stupid and all. xD I mean, you poll so minor tweaks but not Dragon? *is still bugged about that, even with compromise*

I like the revamp, it's nothing different just better line art. meh.
Keith wrote:We could have sent this through, but you'd have all been up in arms OH NO THEY DID IT AGAIN, REVAMPING WITHOUT A POLL.
Actually, I don't think many would care with such minor changes, I understand because of the bad reaction but I thought the wiser thing would have been to go back and poll. : Your statement is faulse anyway, since Devonti wasn't polled (as said) and I think that has much bigger changes than the Keeto.
Last edited by checkers on 03 Oct 2007 09:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keith

Post by Keith »

checkers wrote:Wh..wh..why poll this? At first I cleared my cache, being stupid and all. xD I mean, you poll so minor tweaks but not Dragon? *is still bugged about that, even with compromise*

I like the revamp, it's nothing different just better line art. meh.
We poll everything now because of the reaction of the dragon. I was sure you'd have realized that by now, seeing as how since then we've polled everything (if not multiple times).

I'm still bugged that you're bringing this up everytime we release a poll for a revamp, when we're only doing it to please you. We could have sent this through, but you'd have all been up in arms OH NO THEY DID IT AGAIN, REVAMPING WITHOUT A POLL.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I voted for the old one. Couldn't tell which was which anyways.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

You didn't poll the Devonti revamp and that was well received because the changes so minor, like this. I think I remember at least one person asking why the Devonti wasn't polled though so I see your point.

I voted for the old one simply because I would have rather seen a full frontal revamp of this, not like the Dragon, but on the scale of the Escalade revamp or something. By that I mean the change wasn't that drastic, but in a way it was because I would never have considered getting the old Escalade but I have two of them at the moment.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Ah, shame! Ever since Centurymon did her exquisite galactic keeto (which is possibly my favorite pet at the moment) I hoped she'd be in charge of a full keeto revamp. I take it she's not in charge of the species anymore? There goes my hope for a glacier keeto in the same style too.

As for this, changes are minor except that face lost some of its fierceness due to different eye shape (eyes look a bit bulgy too). It looked piratey before and now its more on the chubby cute side. Also I wish they left the shadow over the white bit on its back, but other than that it's okeyish.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I prefer the old one.

I like its angular body and rather devious expression, both of which suffer a little under the new version.

I'm not that bothered though, but, like the saying goes, 'If it ain't broke...'
Last edited by Kantark on 04 Oct 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Rah

Post by Rah »

zebru wrote:Ah, shame! Ever since Centurymon did her exquisite galactic keeto (which is possibly my favorite pet at the moment) I hoped she'd be in charge of a full keeto revamp. I take it she's not in charge of the species anymore? There goes my hope for a glacier keeto in the same style too.

Centurymon isn't an artist for us anymore :)
dunx5000

Post by dunx5000 »

No. Do not like.
Anyone who's spoken to me knows the Keeto is one of my favourate species... hell, it is my favourate. I don't know what it is, though. I think it's those little things; it looks a tiny bit younger, if only in my opinion. Less definition on the eye to. The black shadow-y thing. Yes, it looks weird, but I like it.
And that's about the only revamp I'll ever have any opinion on, haha.
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

zebru wrote:Ah, shame! Ever since Centurymon did her exquisite galactic keeto (which is possibly my favorite pet at the moment) I hoped she'd be in charge of a full keeto revamp. I take it she's not in charge of the species anymore? There goes my hope for a glacier keeto in the same style too.
She hasn't been employed by Subeta in a few months.
tallan

Post by tallan »

I quite like it, it doesn't look as squished anymore. I wouldn't have minded... well, more of a revamp, but I'm not a Keeto owner, so it doesn't really matter all that much to me.