Angelic Manchu

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Angelic Manchu

Post by Silverevilchao »

Nice to finally see a new species get some recognition. Now where are my Reborn and Angelic Illumi?

(I have to say that the lineart color change from skin flap to feathers is a bit jarring...and the back leg looks a bit blobby)
Goldenchaos

Re: Angelic Manchu

Post by Goldenchaos »

Its cute? But..something seems off.The right arm, and yea, the leg looks blobby to me too.
Image Image
ImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I can't decide if I like it or not :(

The concept is cute and the pose is an adorable idea. I like the face and expression, its adorable. I love how you turned the skin flaps into more of a wing design, that's nifty.

His right hand seems really small though and looks funky with so much fur around the hand at the wrist. And his left leg is super shiny, makes me think he's wearing one of those skin-tight fake-leather body suit things, and well, that's just not a pretty image.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

Am I the only one to think it's doing a 'sexy kitty' pose? Maybe I'm just in one of those moods but it looks like it's giving me the 'come to bed eyes' whilst lying on a gold rug (wings?).
Rah

Post by Rah »

sezrin wrote:Am I the only one to think it's doing a 'sexy kitty' pose? Maybe I'm just in one of those moods but it looks like it's giving me the 'come to bed eyes' whilst lying on a gold rug (wings?).
xD You're not the only one!
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Why is it's knuckle (the one propping his head up) so small? It looks awful.

I like the pose, but it doesn't fit the Manchu. I don't like the way the skin-glider things were worked as wings, or the color of them.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

I thought it was propping its head up with its palm, not its knuckle. Like this, but from a different angle. You can see some of the fingers behind the cheek fur.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Sayle wrote:I thought it was propping its head up with its palm, not its knuckle. Like this, but from a different angle. You can see some of the fingers behind the cheek fur.
Ah I see it now, but it still looks a little unnatural. I think the cheek fur should be showing between it's fingers or something. Other than the hand issue, I find this thing completely adorable. The colors work very well together and the pose is really great.
Image Image Image
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

It looks like it's wearing clothes.

Completely bizarre imo.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'll just paste what I said to Ty:

Jessi says (9:50 PM):
wow the angelic manchu makes me want to throw up

...I'll elaborate a bit too. The pose looks... ridiculous, its hand that's holding up its head looks like a stump, and it looks like it's wearing spandex. Or some sort of shiny material at least. Bah.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

The colors are bizarre together. Thank goodness this is not a pet + color combination I was waiting for. Sorry to those who were and are disappointed.
Enigma on Subeta... how creative!
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

Proof that you can't use sex to sell everything. The coloring absolutely makes it look like it's naked except for a white fur bathing suit. Creepy. I don't care if never see it again.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Strawberry Limeade wrote:*snippage* The coloring absolutely makes it look like it's naked except for a white fur bathing suit. .
0__0

OMG, you're right. And it's laying on a fuzzy yellow rug.

(....)

I have to have one. I absolutely have to have one. Now I just need a name for my future slut pet. xD Well, that and buying the next mystical plushie. Given a couple of the others I've seen being developed right now, 20 is not going to be enough.

Rah, I blame you. XDDD

*wanders off wondering how sorry I'd be if I googled some variation of angel + slut + names. Heh.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Strawberry Limeade wrote:Proof that you can't use sex to sell everything. The coloring absolutely makes it look like it's naked except for a white fur bathing suit. (...)
God, now I can't unsee it.

Despite that, I can't completely hate it... The pose is pretty original for an Angelic pet, and the Manchu itself is pretty cute, so it's impossible for me to hate it. Dammit, Rah, you make these things so difficult. XD
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I seriously do not like this pet and color combo. The plastic look on the legs and the psuedo sexy pose is just disturbing. I don't like how the wings look like a rug, the hands look oddly shaped and the middle of the body looks like a sheep in need of shearing. The space where the wings meet the body looks off and again...I can't get past the plastic looking legs. They look like big huge thighs crammed into old spandex biker shorts that are too small for them. I just really really don't care for this one. That is probably a good thing though as I am full up on pets and really can't afford a mystical plushie any time soon.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image