Lasirus possible revamp! - Revamp now complete

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Keshi

Re: Lasirus possible revamp!

Post by Keshi »

I think Centurymon did the galactic? I may be wrong...

Also the only pixelation I see is on the transparent wings, which will be fixed so no need to get your knickers in a knot about that.
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

I don't know what it is but something about the way Nestly does eyes really throws me off...

It's okay. My lil sister made a good point that it's becoming a bit too generic looking. From ANGRY to Hi I'm look like a lil adorable scoundrel. It's nice, but luxe made some interesting points, such as the dithering is bad. Bad. Bad. You can see dots on the wings and body.

Lasirus flat out made me think 'Bat'. Revamp makes me think bat/dog/anime.

Art is much nicer, but it got cutesy.

Oh yeah, shading needs to be more apparent~ It's too light!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Also the only pixelation I see is on the transparent wings, which will be fixed so no need to get your knickers in a knot about that.
I'm not sure what it is about this thread which is encouraging people to come out with increasingly personal comments, but please stop. Talk about the pet, not about each other.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

. My lil sister made a good point that it's becoming a bit too generic looking. From ANGRY to Hi I'm look like a lil adorable scoundrel.
I disagree. The old Lasirus looked like an extremely generic "OMFG EVIL BAT" pet, whereas the new one doesn't look nearly as two-dimentional.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Wow, I quite like it. Now that I look at the pet more closely, yes, the dithering is a bit visible, but I'm sure that will be fixed, and the way its right (our left) ear is positioned seems a bit awkward to me, but all in all, I like it. I might even get one as soon as the redraws are revamped.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

i have to agree that, other issues aside, i can't get past the drastic change in expression and (i guess) body language.

it doesn't have to be as over the top as the original, but i think a more menacing look would be more appropriate to the species.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

I really like it, and although I agree with a few of the issues I think they can be easily fixed. I was reading the news and I was surprised at how much drama this one was causing, I thought it would be a relatively painless revamp.

The one thing I don't understand is the complaints about anatomy, especially the ears... I always thought that the Galactic version had even larger issues with the nearest ear coming out of the center of the forehead and overlapping the further one:

Teragram

Post by Teragram »

Hmmm, wow,I really didn't think it would get this reaction. Perhaps I just don't like the style of pet, I never liked the lasirus and I don't like it now...I mean, it did keep many of the features, so perhaps I am against the seeming ugliness of the creature and not the art. I just don't like the focus point of the giant, ribbed wings, I don't like the big ears, I don't like the scaly tail...I think that's it, I just have a problem with things being proportional, so I don't like how the wings are scrunched in, and the ears.. bats are freaky creatures. Interesting, and maybe in real life, cute, but I can't get behind the stupid things when they are drawn.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I really, really like this revamp. I love Nestly's pet art so far and I've always wanted to like the Lazirus -- I just couldn't, but now I'm quite taken with the tiny bat creature and kinda want one. But again I have no room. *shakes fist* Dammits, stop making pets I'll never be able to get, even after I have 20 spaces. x.x

The lovely transparent wings are my favorite part, I believe, although I'm quite fond of its eyes as well. <3
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I like it - and I'm really glad it doesn't look like the galactic... eww.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The one thing REALLY bothering me about this revamp - the ONLY thing, in fact - are the stripes that were added to the legs. It just looks like really odd shading, instead of a marking. It throws off the entire pet for me.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

It doesn't look as feral, but I still like the revamp. It would have been nice to maintain the "feel" of the pet, but I still think the newer art is a much needed improvement. The huge ears are actually a good thing IMO and the transparent wings look amazing because it isn't too obvious. Overall I like this revamp, I just wish that some of that sneaky/mean attitude could have been kept.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

There's a new Lasirus revamp image up (and poll). It looks like it's already overwritten the old image in the OP of this thread (either that or there really aren't that many differences...); if so, does anyone have the original revamp image for comparison?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Nestly put up a comparison of them two.

I still love this revamp and can't wait for it to actually go live. When I saw it on the news I thought it actually had until I read the news post. Still, I can't wait for this revamp to go live, just waiting for a name to free up so I can create my Lasirus.

I like the darker stripes and that they were also added to the back. I did like the original expression better but this fits more with the original Lasirus.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The only thing that bugs me is the extra finger at the elbow..looks odd there.
Image Image
ImageImage