Lasirus possible revamp! - Revamp now complete

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Lasirus possible revamp! - Revamp now complete

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage

Wow.
I haven't been this impressed with a revamp for awhile. I hated the old Lasirus, it was just plain ugly. The revamped version though is adorable :D Its still got an angry expression to it while not being overpowering like it was with the old Lasirus. See through wings are a nice touch as well.

One of my pets will most certainly be getting morphed into this!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Lasirus possible revamp!

Post by AngharadTy »

I like it, although I'm sad the head is smaller--a lot of bats have huge heads for their bodies--and I think that the ear on our left should still be pointed to the left. Right now it looks like the top of that ear starts much farther on the side of its head than the ear to our right. And... the more I look at that, the more it bugs me. Someone took off the Lasirus's ear, turned it forty-five degrees or so, and plopped it back on. ^_~

But overall it's so much better; the wings are adorable, the claws on the ends of the wings are a good touch, the feet look great, the stripes on the legs are really neat. Also, I really love the tuft at the end of the tail, and the way the tail itself looks armored. So many parts are better that if the ear just gets fixed this would become a pet I'd love. (Figgy might not like it as much, though... it doesn't look nearly as twitchy as it used to! No more hunched back, either.)
Image Image
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I'm really glad to see the Lasirus getting some attention, it's actually a species I forgot existed, really. The new one looks great, it's kept the spirit of the old Lasirus while looking a million times better. The stripes on the legs are a nice addition, as are the translucent wings. Overall, great job!
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I want one. I never thought I'd say that about the Lasirus of all pets, but I want one now.

I agree its right (our left) ear looks a little awkwardly posed, but I think the smaller head is much more fitting, at least for this Subetan bat (I thought the larger head on the original made it look a little too chibi-ish). I can't wait to see the redraws now.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

My God, it's just . . . fantastic. I love it so much - and I despised the pet before! Major kudos to the artist <3 The stripes on the legs bug me a little though, I think it distracts from the overall pet.

I can't wait for the Bloodred one! Vampire pet!
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Aisu
Human Avatar: 314900

Post by Aisu »

OH man. I want one now. ;__;

I can't find one bad thing about this revamp. I'm totally with it, 100%.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I'm not impressed with it at all. I can't put my finger on it, but just ... no.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I like everything except the head, which is the thing I like most about the old version.
Image Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Hmm...its nice, but, I also liked what was done with the Galactic Lasirus..

Or is it the same artist
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It's a different artist; this potential revamp is by Nestly, I think, though I forget who did the galactic Lasirus. I never really liked that one anyway. The wing-fingers are so huge and thick and light that when I look at it, all I see is a tarantula.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The galactic lasirus happens to be my favorite galatic pet, next to the popoko. The only thing I dislike about it is how dark and dull the gold coloring is, and we all know how much I like shine. But I really do like this revamp, so much so that I'm wondering if I should make my pherret into one if the released version stays mostly the same.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Ooh, wow, this is surprisingly pretty-yet-cool for a pet I wouldn't have looked at twice yesterday. I'm not sure if absolutely love or am slightly creeped out by the transparency of the overlapping wing, but the things I know I like - the short little muzzle, the fur-shading, and the feet mostly - are enough that I'd consider owning one if the other colours turn out nicely. :)
Ontra

Post by Ontra »

I don't like it.
It's really pixelated. Like, overly so. I understand that .gifs are low quality, but hell, that's one of the worst I've ever seen.

The eyes are my next major dislike. Nestly's eyes, in general, are flat and lifeless. And it looks... What's the word for the opposite of cross-eyed? Where the pupils point outwards? The ears, too, seem really oddly positioned.

Overall though, it could be a lot worse... Thank whatever gods were awake at the time she didn't attempt anything with four legs.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I must say I like the newer lasirus much more then that older one. I was never a fan of the older one though I liked how it looked like a real bat then most bat pets I've seen. The newer one has more life and flows much better. I agree with Ty on the ears and the part comeing from the elbow looks a bit weird to me. Other then that I'm happy with it.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Ontra wrote: Overall though, it could be a lot worse... Thank whatever gods were awake at the time she didn't attempt anything with four legs.
That's sounds like a personal jibe at the artist, and while I'm certainly not the most diplomatic person here to be telling you this, it's still not the way to start off posting here.

I'm also wondering what exactly you're seeing when you call this not only pixelated, but the worst offender so far.