Spectrum Lain

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Luxe

Re: Spectrum Lain

Post by Luxe »

AngharadTy wrote:I like the woven-in rainbow. Hehe.

It looks... ummm... much more "intentional" when the image is flipped around. As if it had been drawn that way, and then, when completed, flipped around because hey, birds can do flips! And then I start thinking of doing a barrel roll because that's a good trick and I want to strangle something.* I would rather it had been left more or less upright to start with.

* My usual reaction to prequel-Anakin.
It started out upside-down but it was actually drawn facing left. When Illusion realized that nearly all lains face left, she flipped it, but that's about the only flipping that was going on. ;)
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I actually really like it! The upside down look makes it unique and very whimsy-ish. The Colors do seem more vivid on this Spectrum pet than the last few i have seen. I'm not sure why that is, but i like it. The Spectrum Lain looks like a tropical bird of some sort that is just cavorting through the air without a care in the world. I admit that seeing it all upside down made me feel slightly disoriented at first, but the more I looked at it, the more it just looked fun and happy.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

At first it really bothered me that it was upside down, but after a day or two I've managed to convince my brain that it is not falling and is in fact doing some type of aerial trick and now it's okay. All other aspects are great. I forgot how much I liked the Lain until these new releases.
Image Image Image
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

As much as I like the actual pose, it being upside down bugs me. Which is a pity because after looking at it for a while, I do like how the wings were done and that the colours are very bold and eye catching..but every time I look at the picture, everything just blurs together before my brain starts to pick out the details again. :-/
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

I can't even look at it in its upside-down version. My eyes cross and skim and it becomes an annoying blur of very thin lines, only vaguely avian. Which is annoying, because it isn't bad otherwise (which is the highest grudging compliment I would have given--I usually [disappointingly] dislike the lain).
Catsimkittycat

Post by Catsimkittycat »

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! Omg! the postion is so creative and the colors work well where they are. I really want one. But already have all my pets. :) I love this though as I already stated.