New Emperiment 3485

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

New Emperiment 3485

Post by hebdenhippy »

OMG I need one! I've been wanting a squid type pet for ages and this is beyond adorable :D The colours are lovely and I love how it has been shaded. The gems on it's forehead are a nice touch, as is the green stuff coming out of its, head... thing, dunno what those things are called.
Last edited by hebdenhippy on 17 Jul 2008 07:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: New Emperiment 3485

Post by Seerow »

I'm not sure if I like it or not. The art is good and the colors are amazing, but it just doesn't fit in with Subeta's other pets. I think its the dot-ish shading and detailing that are throwing me off.
Anyone know who drew this? Is it a new artist?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I agree that it doesn't look very Subeta-ish, but I really like this pet. The colors are really flashy (almost too flashy), but they work well together, and I love its gleeful expression. I almost wish it wasn't just an experiment pet.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 17 Jul 2008 07:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I dunno about this, it doesn't seem very....Experimenty?
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Yeah, I think it'd be better as a normal pet, it's far too cute to be an experiment pet ^^ plus I think it has a nice design and its a shame that we won't see how it looks in other colours
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I was so excited until I found out it was an experiment. I would like to have seen this as an adoptable pet. Otherwise it's fantastic.
Image Image Image
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I for one do not care for this pet. The colors are too bright for my tastes and I am not too fond of the way it has been shaded.
Image Image Image Image Image
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Well, I like it a lot - pretty shading, bright colours, and nice expression - but I'm not going to bother zapping for one. ^^;

The only thing that bothers me is the light turquoise... stuff.. coming out of its head area. Maybe that's just because I don't know enough about squids to understand what it's supposed to be, but I want to know what it is. (And various internet articles on squid are not being very helpful. *grumble* )
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I don't really care for this pet either - I agree that it doesn't look anything like Subeta style at all, and seems really out place, as both a Subeta pet and an experiment. The shading style is pretty, but just... weird, and doesn't match anything else on the site, and... there's nothing UNIQUE about it to make it an experiment. It's just an octopus O_o Or squid. I don't know them unless they're on my plate as sushi :P But maybe if the tentacles had... little claws, or if it had them coming out of its head, or... something WEIRD, it'd seem more logical as an experiment... but right now it really doesn't. Oh well.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The head hole things are pretty unique. ;P Definitely squid, incidentally--you can tell because of the fin structures on the head and the two longer tentacles with paddles. No real squid has head holes, though; ink comes out through their mouth, which is nestled between all the arms. Therefore, the mouth on this one disturbs me, and I can't even pretend it's something else like I do with the squiddy (where that is not a mouth, merely a flap designed to look like a mouth and fool prey that nooo, they won't be eaten). I mean, sure, it's an experiment, but the mouth thing doesn't seem to be "look I'm a mutant" but more "uhh where do squid mouths go, anyway? sure, here."

Overall, I like this, but I don't want it. The pink is interesting, but I think if I look too long I'll get blinded. I like the dotty shading; it adds to the texture of the pet, and the markings are very appropriate.
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I love how this is shaded and would be interested to see some of the other pets shaded in a similar manner, but that brings me back to what so many of you have said, that it doesn't look like Subeta art at all and certainly not like an experiment pet either. Maybe as a regular pet it would have been better. I think different color combos would have been great on this pet. I'm not a huge fan of hot pink, lime green and bright blue. It seems way too damn happy to be an experiment pet as well with those big puppy dog type eyes and the little baby style mouth(where no mouth should be as Ty pointed out). The art itself is great, but I have no interest in this pet for myself. Also...is the V2 zapper fixed now? It used to just eat my tokens over and over so I gave up on even trying.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I thought it was a new normal species too. :( It's cute and well drawn, and I would've loved to have seen it in other colors... ah well. It's neat anyway. I like the glittery stuff coming out of its head-holes (??? looks like glitter to me...)
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

I think its pretty! I love the colours. It would have been better without the mouth right there but I can deal with it. But I really think they should not have released this till the zapper was definetly fixed, I can see a whole set of people wasting their tokens on it.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I don't see why there's such a fuss about this experiment pet being "normal" and "happy" when we already have this one:

Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Well uh, for one thing, that's not exactly the most popular experiment ever, is it? O_o Second of all, I never really thought it looked like.. a seal or anything. More like a dog/mermaid/fish creepy thing.