Not ~exactly~ new

New members, post here to introduce yourself!
Madge

Re: Not ~exactly~ new

Post by Madge »

Welcome back! It's been a while since this place has been active by the looks of it. I can't even see half the posts anymore from the main page :/

I never got to play werewolf here, but I've been playing mafia on the xkcd forums for about 5 years now if you wanted to join me there!

My neo account got hacked and I've just decided I cbf fixing it up because of all the disappointing drama, so I cut and run unfortunately.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Hey Marah, welcome back! Do you want your old account back? If you did I could probably sort that out.

It's very quiet here, I think very few people still play. Nice to see you're still around here at least, Madge :)
Madge

Post by Madge »

I'm here because of that RSS feed you kindly set up back in the day :)

Did we have a facebook group or something at one point?
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Original post deleted, it's actually a duplicate of an old post but by a spam user this time...

I totally forgot about the RSS feed! I think we did have a Facebook group, but Facebook hasn't exactly been kind to the Groups feature in terms of how often posts get shown on activity feeds. Are you on Facebook? We could be friends at least :P
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Sorry to be late to the party, but I also am stumbling around wildly in life and the internet and think of some of y'all regularly. Madge, you especially, because I'm surprisingly active in my local poly community and you were the reason I knew about it before all my friends did.

I have Jazzy and Jessi on Facebook, but would love a Neocolours revival, just in terms of people. Jazzy, can you link us to the Facebook group?

And any of you can still find me at my beloved alias thelonetiel on Reddit and Gmail - from there I may or may not see your message but if I do I will be glad to redirect friendly usernames to my Facebook.

Occasionally someone who knows that I played Neopets will make a mistake and bring it up in conversation. They are then trapped in a multiminute monologue detailing the failings of the Neopets customer service department, quickly followed by a timeline charting the various levels of downfall of the Neopets empire.

AKA My secondary account with *fine* pets on has been inaccessible for years due a Neopets side password issue and after waiting for a support ticket for over a year only to have them remove their ticket system in favor of *emails*, my heart didn't break, but it did shrivel up into a dry, bitter husk.

Also my current day job is literally managing incoming support contacts and ensuring sufficient staffing levels to maintain a 5 day resolution SLA for customer satisfaction so anytime I think about the subject for any length of time I die more inside.

Ahem. I miss you and ttyl.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Love you too tlt. We need to start up a Facebook group.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

"AKA My secondary account with *fine* pets on has been inaccessible for years due a Neopets side password issue and after waiting for a support ticket for over a year only to have them remove their ticket system in favor of *emails*, my heart didn't break, but it did shrivel up into a dry, bitter husk."

For what it's worth, I had the exact same issue with my side (had a ticket for 18 months) and two weeks after they brought in the email system, having sent an email soon after, got it back! I definitely recommend sending an email.

The old group is available here, but tbh is so small that it may just be worth starting a new one...

edit: started a new group, available here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2186942428244486/