Hi!

New members, post here to introduce yourself!
jamboree

Hi!

Post by jamboree »

Hi! I'm JD, or Jamboree. Both are fine. I've posted occasionally on the forum - not so much lately - but just realized that I should probably introduce myself. D'oh.

Neopets history:
First account was in 2000 (or 2001). Cause of death: dial-up.
Second account was in 2003-2004. Cause of death: various Life Events.
Current account is about 3 months old.

Personal: engaged and in medical school. Crazy person!

Am totally intimidated intimidated by the experience and artistic skill that most of y'all seem to possess. Cannot draw a straight line, myself, but am perfectly willing to make admiring, though uninformed, comments about other people's artwork. (I won't say it if I don't mean it, of course - just that my input re. art should be be taken with the understanding that I don't know much about it.)

What else? Ummm...

I have raging ADHD, so please bear that in mind if I say something thoughtless. See it as an explanation, not an excuse.

I look forward to talking to y'all!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Hi!

Post by Jazzy »

Welcome! Don't feel intimidated, we're a friendly bunch (and quite a lot of people would be intimidated by medical school!)

How are you getting on with your new account? If you haven't tried it already, the Stock Market is a great way to make np with little actual effort :P
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Hello there. Straight lines are for squares! Squares I say! Squiggles are where it's at.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Hi JD, welcome to Neocolours!
Cannot draw a straight line, myself, but am perfectly willing to make admiring, though uninformed, comments about other people's artwork.
^ this sums me up too.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
jamboree

Post by jamboree »

So I plunge and introduce myself - then immediately take off for the Land of Dial-Up, where the people are lovely but the connection is horrendous. Back again!

I am a big fan of squiggles, especially those little tornado-shaped scribbles that you doodle while bored in class. That's pretty much my art portfolio right there.

Oh, and sheep. I can draw sheep. Cloud + triangle head + four sticks for legs = ta-daaaa!

Y'all are such a nice bunch - especially refreshing after the Neoboards. (Eesh. That place is an interesting blend of nice folks and outright horrors.)

I think this is going to be fun!