Hello.....again =] (Moved from Chit-Chat!)

New members, post here to introduce yourself!
Garrett

Hello.....again =] (Moved from Chit-Chat!)

Post by Garrett »

EDIT- Yes I did move this from Chit-Chat, thought this may be a more appropriate place to enter this. :D

I was half tempted to bump my old thread, but that is just tacky and totally awful.

Hello again everyone. Once again, my university study load swamped me and I become forgetful and all that jazz. However, I still remembered the forum url from years of frequenting this place. I got a helpful reminder from listening to a couple of students at prac a couple weeks ago, who have just started playing Neopets. They were so cute, chatting away and they were so excited and all their friends were going to start playing. They reminded me of my younger days when my friends and I were all getting into Neopets for the first time.

I do think about this forum from time to time, and how the users here all served as my online family here for a few years. Everyone had a role in shaping my identity. I learned how to type correctly (no chtspkin her no morez :wink:) which has been a major help in university, and the language people use on here has also been a great help. You all showed me how to function in a large democratic society, in which we all had our roles, major and minor. I don't think I can ever thank you enough what you have all contributed to my life.

So enough of that sappy business!

As I posted last time, I am still at university doing my Bachelor of Learning Management (Secondary & Vocational Studies) majoring in Business/Accounting and minoring in English/Literature Studies. I am loving my course. The real seller was at the end of my last prac block, my year eight students made me a farewell poster. I cried after I got in my car haha. It was a real eye opener to know that in the short stint I had been at their school, I had made a huge impact on them. I know I am doing the right thing now. :D

I did replace my darling Debbie, with the new love of my life Gurdy (Gurtrude, Gurdy Gurrrrrl), a dark blue 2002 Lancer Sedan. It has a lot of things I want in a car, 5 doors, air conditioning, cruise control, power steering. I love her! Still haven't pranged her at all, but touch wood I never do.

What else. I am now an Assistant Manager at the Restaraunt I work at, which has been such a help with bills and things. The quarterly bonuses don't hurt either :wink:. I was supposed to train for about 3-4 months for the position; I completed it within 6 weeks. I would have finished my training next Sunday coming here in Australia, so that was awesome as well.

I don't know what else to tell you guys. Please if you have any questions feel free to ask me anything.

I'll try and stay a bit more active though this time, no promises though.

<3
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Hello.....again =] (Moved from Chit-Chat!)

Post by AngharadTy »

Aww, our Garrett is all growed up! Man, you have a better-paying job than I do. Jealous. ;)
Image Image
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Hey Ty! It's actually a lot of work and very very small (I'm talking miniscule) break times, so the pay makes up for it. =]

I kinda miss just being a shift worker sometimes, but then I think about the bonuses and I would regret not taking the job.

I also had to grow up eventually! I'm sure you'd love me to still be trolling about here with my awful punctuation and stupidity.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Hey, good to see you back! It's so weird to see you all grown up :D I'm totally going to take the credit for that.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Wow, way to make us all feel old, Garret! ;-) Seriously, it's great to see you return (once an NC-er, always an NC-er!) and also to hear things are going well with you. I've yet to have a car with cruise control so I'm a bit jealous, too. Also it's good to hear people are still discovering Neo - pessimistically I tend to assume it's in a state of irrecoverable decline.

Have you still got a Neo account? There's a plot on!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Welcome back, Garret! You make me want to bust out a game of Werewolf or something xD
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Woohoo, you're all full of life achievements and working toward great things! Glad you're doing well and thought of us along with all your busy times. Good to see you!
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I always enjoy seeing old NCers come back. It warms my heart and makes me feel old. ^-^; So glad you're doing so well. Welcome back!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Oh please do pull out a game! I love Werewolf! =P

I will have to jump on my Neo account, I haven't used it in over a year. My poor pets =P.

Please don't feel old everybody, I did start here when I was 14, so it has been a long haul. =P
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Wow. They're really coming out of the woodwork these past few months.

Welcome back. :)

P.S. No one can escape us.
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Was already quite aware of that. ;)