Neocolours hosting donations thread 2010 - Now finished!

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Miguel

Re: Neocolours hosting donations thread 2010!

Post by Miguel »

Madge wrote:Aren't domain names, like, $2 each or something ridiculous? Or are most of them parked?
the .uk domains are now £3/year (billed in 2-year increments). The .eu is more expensive, I think last time it was about £10/year (renewed annually).
Wingsrising wrote:So, wait, where are we supposed to send a message to you before sending you money?
I'd appreciate some contact (PM, MSN, email, text message if you have my number, smoke signals...) but it's not essential, as long as you say who you are (NC-wise) in the donation, as paypal does indeed email, but with your real life name and I don't know who is who!
Many thanks to EofS for the avatar and signature images.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I think neocolours.eu had been previously unavailable and we also wanted to make sure that it didn't go to neocolours.de (since they're also in the EU).

neocolours.co.uk is parked, previously owned by Sam up until the middle of 2009, as is neocolours.com; last I checked, neocolours.com was around $1000 which...ha ha no.

I'd also like to thank everybody who's donated so far :) We couldn't keep the site running without you!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm sorry, I just NOW saw this! I kind of wish there was a different place for announcements to show up, I ALWAYS miss them, geez.

Anyway, I am totally in for donating as usual! Ben, I will try to catch you on MSN or send you a PM =)
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Just bumping the thread in case anyone's not seen this yet. So far you guys have been absolutely awesome, we're almost at our last year's total already!
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Guys (of any gender)

We've had a massive response from the community so far, and for that I'm really, really grateful - I'm really happy that there are so many of you who can and do donate some money towards keeping the community going.

However, at some point this fundraising drive needs to be officially closed, so I'm putting the deadline at midnight GMT on Friday 19 January - I'll then update this thread and the donators page on Saturday 20. So if anyone's looking at this thread and thinking "oh, I meant to do that!" then you've got a couple of weeks left :-)

Thank you again to all the responders so far - the site is in a very strong position for quite some time now. But the more we raise now, the longer it'll be before I put up another begging letter!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

You mean 19th of February right :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Gah!

Of course I do. 19 February, people!

(sorry, I've been away for a few days, combined with apparent blindness to my own thread means I missed this!)

So, final bump - if there's anyone who's not donated this time around and wants to, your opportunity disappears in 52 hours!

After that I'll add up the final tally and close off this thread :-)
Miguel

Re: Neocolours hosting donations thread 2010 - Now finished!

Post by Miguel »

Neocolours, the response of you all over the last few weeks has been brilliant. So many of you have rallied round and contributed money, this has been the best fundraising drive yet!

*drumroll*

The total amount raised (after currency conversions and any transfer fees) from you all is £196.98! At the current hosting fees of £10.56 per month, that will keep us running for 19 months!

Everyone who donated this time is listed on the Donations page. Click, see your name, feel warm and fuzzy :-)

So my heartfelt thanks again to all of you who donated this fundraiser, and sit back and relax - Neocolours is safe in its funding now until the end of September 2011!

/Miguel out.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

My heartfelt thanks, too! To donors and to Miguel. =) I love this community so much. *hugs to all!*
Image Image
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I'm glad it was so successful. This place is in so many ways a haven from the overpopulated chaos of neopets.com -- I don't think the site would be half as fun without a forum like this to retreat to. Where would I get to exalt gorgeously-drawn pets, or swear like a wounded pirate about inexcusably ugly art? Who else cares so much about petpet matches and crosspaint combinations, down to the minutest detail of pose and accessory? *tear* Where else do you find a small community with members who are mature and articulate and talented in so many ways? WHERE WOULD I BE WITHOUT THE PRETTY ITEMS THREAD?? :shock:

Answer: much richer. :[

Seriously, though, hooray for 19 more months, and hooray for NC!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I feel like such an ass xD I had every intention of donating, even mailed Ben about it... and then it completely slipped my mind. I'm such a scatterbrain lately, haha, I just... literally completely forgot!

So thank you to everyone else who can remember better than I can ;D NC is awesome!
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Poor Jessi, totally feel you. **pats** My brain is a total mess and I easily forget things all the time. Like I keep planning on writing some of my friends and have yet to do so. **hangs head**

Anywho thank you everyone who donated! I love this place and am so happy to see it keep going. Hopefully by the next time that we do this donation drive I will be able to give some money to pay back all the fun times I've had here. ^-^ Go NC go! XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel