searches for newer colors have "not available" on them?

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
nolee

searches for newer colors have "not available" on them?

Post by nolee »

first off, kudos for this brilliant site! <3

i noticed a problem when i was surfing the other day...newer color options for different neopets are registered as 'not available' during a search. which is odd, since there is clearly a happy male wraith and silver bruce on the front page; but when i search for bruce - all colours, the wraith and silver ones don't show up. is this a glitch or is it meant to be like this?

thanks so much ~ =)
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: searches for newer colors have "not available" on them?

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Hi, and welcome!

Ever since the customization change, the image URLs have been harder to come by. Now we need to get an image URL directly from a pet that is actually that color and found through the source code in viewing it. It's no longer a simple issue of "bruce_silver_happy" for the full image - it's an odd string that looks something like (for the male Maractite Peophin) http://pets.neopets.com/cp/zot366to/1/4.png. It pretty much has to be done manually now, and i don't think there's a way for it to automatically find the code for that.

But you do bring up an interesting point. Maybe we can have our coding gurus make the "basic" easy-to-do image URL as part of the species-color lookup, and not just for the front page string, for the basic image and "we acknowledge this is here, but we don't have the customization image code for male/female yet."