Broken images in the Subeta colour listings

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Charlotte

Broken images in the Subeta colour listings

Post by Charlotte »

Exactly what the topic title says.

Looking at the image itself, ie, opening it in a new tab, still doesn't work, but if I remove the "www." at the beginning of the url, it comes up correctly, so www.subeta.net/images/pets/darkonite_steamwork.png turned into subeta.net/images/pets/darkonite_steamwork.png works:

The other way to do it would be to change the url to images.subeta.net/pets/darkonite_steamwork.png, which is the url format I get onsite if I view one of my pets' images.

I'm thinking this has something to do with the recent changes? I know for a while, there were the notifications that using the www. wasn't advised, so yeah... Might want to fix that.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Broken images in the Subeta colour listings

Post by Jazzy »

Interesting. I'm willing to change it, but I need other people to chip in and say that it's a problem for them too, because I can't replicate this on my computer so I don't know if the fix actually changes anything; the www image displays fine for me. Does that make sense? I don't play Subeta so if there have been any announcements, I unfortunately haven't seen them.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Images currently load fine for me either with or without the www in the URL. Might have been a server down or messing about, or possibly a change they're about to bring in?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

For me, I haven't been able to load www.subeta or web1.subeta or web2 or web3 for a couple days. It could be temporary; they've been having a ton of problems lately.
Image Image
Charlotte

Post by Charlotte »

Hmmm... Upon reading the replies here, I checked again. I still don't see the images in my primary browser (Chrome), but I just checked in Firefox and they're working fine.

Browser-based issue, perhaps? Still a vague annoyance, nobody else lists them quite as well!

Ty - after the DDoS, who knows what's going on anymore? :P
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Bumping this to ask: now I'm starting to fix things again, is this still a problem?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

If I click some of my old bookmarks, I get this message at the top of the page:
The site seems to be having issues if you use www.subeta.net rather than subeta.net. You seem to be using the www, so click here to switch!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

How on earth have they let that problem persist this long? (And web1, etc. still don't work at all, which is great, because in that beta navigation I added a bunch of sidebar bookmarks and they're all useless and uneditable.)

But yeah. Good point. Subeta links should not have "www" in them because Subeta is... kinda Subeta-y about it.
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I don't think I'll ever quite understand the way Subeta works :P

I think I've fixed as many links as I can; if anyone spots any that aren't displaying because they're still www links, let me know.