Moderators wanted - nominations stage

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Moderators wanted - nominations stage

Post by Jazzy »

I am looking for at least one and possibly two new moderators, in short. What with Uly not being around (note: if she does come back, she'll be made a mod again; right now I don't even remember if she's signed up), and real life getting in the way for some of the rest of us, I'd like the backup.

So. You may nominate yourself, or you may nominate someone else- but you must check with them first to see if they want to do it. I'd like each self-nomination seconded by another member, to make sure that there's at least some support for everyone applying.

This post is going to stay open until noon NST on the 26th of April, at which point I'll lock it, post a list of candidates, and then decide how the voting will be done. Everyone's going to be able to vote on the mods (for those of you that haven't seen a mod election here before, it's done by member consensus rather than admin/mod choice), although depending on how many candidates we have, there may be a public whittling down round first.

Nominate away!

Current nominations, in alphabetical order:
bonecrivain
Cheese
daisybell
FaerieInGrey
Huggles
Illuen
Kamil
Kantark
Kasitl
Mac
Madge
Mistress Morbid
oogabooga
Pariah (Zap)
Shmoe
Trick
Wingsrising
Ziggy

Nominations are now closed.
Last edited by Jazzy on 06 May 2006 11:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I must nominate Bonecrivain. Bon is one of the kindest, smartest, fairest people I know, and I can guarentee you she would do a fantastic job being a mod.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

I nominate Will! He is a clever and kind person who I think would be a fair and sexy moderator.
Mac

Post by Mac »

I nominate Trick because I'd know she'd be fair, friendly, and helpful, everything a mod should be. =)
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I nominate Ziggy. Because she helps people and always has the right thing to say in a discussion.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I'd like to nominate ooga. Because she's smart and nice and keeps her head when threads turn debate-y, as they are wont to do.

(And I agree that Trick would make an awesome mod if she's not too busy with PPC and other things.)
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Damnit I was all set to come and nominate myself, but seeing you all nominating other people makes me feel so guilty ;p
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I nominate myself because I have no shame and I crave ultimate power.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I second Huggles nomination. She is an intelligent, levelheaded poster. I know she would make good descisions, and I would feel confidant in coming to her for things.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Well I also nominate myself because you all know you secretly want me to rule over you.

WITH AN IRON FIST OF BRUTALITY AND UNNECESSARY SHOUTING
Linzie

Post by Linzie »

I must second Cheese's nomination, because he is on frequently, and his posts usually can get me smiling. So mods making people smiling is a good thing, me thinks.
will someone please call a surgeon; who can crack my ribs and repair this broken heart
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I'd like to nominate Kantark =) I think he's one of the friendliest and fairest forum members, always goes out of his way to welcome new people and I don't think I've ever seen him lose his temper over *anything* Basically a cool laid back kind of guy who would make an awesome mod.

Thanks Mac and bonecrivain, hee, as I said to Kantark I hate to think how much more time I spend on NC than PPC as it is *blush* so time splitting ain't a problem =)
Matt

Post by Matt »

I second the nomination for Trick. She's levelheaded, and I think she very capable of seeing both sides of issues. I like her. She's intelligent and has time on her hands to spend around here. She's friendly and sweet, but can and will be stern if necessary.
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

I'd like to vote Mac. Mac is a great person to talk to and I believe she would be perfect for a role like this.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I would have no problem being a mod since I seem to have lots of spare time and I'm on here constantly anyways. ;P

I also agree that Bon would make an awesome moderator. =)
Image Image