Bug reporting post-upgrade

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
daisybell

Re: Bug reporting post-upgrade

Post by daisybell »

I had a similar problem Kamil, it happened to me all the time on the old forums too- deleting all cookies didn't work. I was annoyed to see that the "mark all forums read" feature has gone, but in fact it is sort of still here. You can mark all forums read for each section of forums, by navigating using the part that says:
Board index » This site » Site suggestions
When I realised that you could view all forums in a section and quite what that was doing, I noticed it was possible to mark forums read- it's in the top right hand corner, the same place as the "mark topics read" link when you're viewing a forum. It saves going to every forum to mark topics read, although I'd still prefer to be able to mark all forums read altogether, this only means three sections to load rather than each forum.
Neopets wishlists: here
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Actually you can mark all forums read in one click, on this version it's at the top, above the "Last Post" column. It used to be towards the bottom.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The only thing bothering me - and honestly , I can't remember if it was like this in the old forums or not, I've already forgotten, but I FEEL like it wasn't xD - is that i have no idea which topic the most recent post is on. It just says:

Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:47 am
Iggy

For example, then has the little 'view latest post' button. I SEEM to remember in old-forum-land that it told you what topic was the last active one...? Maybe I'm wrong, but I hate not knowing what post I'm going to read since some I try to avoid :P

Also, I hate there's no quick reply but I get the feeling that'll be added xD

...And I guess these aren't really bugs, although that top one might be? Eh. *hides*
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

jessibean wrote:The only thing bothering me - and honestly , I can't remember if it was like this in the old forums or not, I've already forgotten, but I FEEL like it wasn't xD - is that i have no idea which topic the most recent post is on. It just says:

Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:47 am
Iggy

For example, then has the little 'view latest post' button. I SEEM to remember in old-forum-land that it told you what topic was the last active one...? Maybe I'm wrong, but I hate not knowing what post I'm going to read since some I try to avoid :P

That is one of the Mods that Jassy hasn't/isn't going to install until PHPbb3 is out of beta and it is compatable D=.

*likes it too*
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
anzuronamin

Post by anzuronamin »

This is probably completely obvious to everyone but me, but where can I access my profile? :oops:
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Top right corner under User Control Panel. It cofused me at first as well, don't worry.
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

To add to the new-topics confusion, if I go to the "view new posts" page that comes up blank, but if I go back to the main index it still lights everything up as unread.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Something similar happens to me as well - I'll read a post and the forum will still be lit up as unread from the index.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, the forum being lit up thing is mentioned on the first page. ^_~
Image Image
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Okay, for some reason, none of the images people are posting are showing up for me. I just see the word Image in place of it. Avatars and signatures are working fine though ; ;.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Click on the User Control Panel in the upper right, then Board preferences, then Edit display options, then make sure Display images within posts: is set to Yes. If it's set to Yes, then it's a bug. Otherwise, you are silly Will. ^_^
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I find that when I read posts at work, the posts I've read register as new posts again when I come home. The old forum didn't do that. Help?
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

AngharadTy wrote:Click on the User Control Panel in the upper right, then Board preferences, then Edit display options, then make sure Display images within posts: is set to Yes. If it's set to Yes, then it's a bug. Otherwise, you are silly Will. ^_^
For once, I am not a silly Will! It was set to yes, which it should be, since I've never messed with it before.
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

Wingsrising wrote:I find that when I read posts at work, the posts I've read register as new posts again when I come home. The old forum didn't do that. Help?

This happens to me as well and it is a bit frustrating as I look at NC from up to four different computers.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Right, I've changed a setting which should help with the read/unread problem. However, it's going to be a bit of a strain on the database. If it causes the database to approach the size limit, then it will be reverted because I haven't £50 to spend simply so people know which topics have been read.