UPDATED 01 JUNE - Site URL problems - please read [RESOLVED]

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Miguel

UPDATED 01 JUNE - Site URL problems - please read [RESOLVED]

Post by Miguel »

It has come to our attention that in some instances, the web address of this site (http://www.neocolours.me.uk) doesn't load the site but instead gives an error.

The bit you must read: For the next few weeks until we can sort this out, use http://www.neocolours.eu instead. Thank you for your patience, and apologies for the inconvenience. One thing to note: when you use that URL, you will need to login again to any parts of the site which require a login (the forum, Subeta ratings, the avatar system, etc) even if you are currently logged in on neocolours.me.uk.

This has been crossposted to the_nc community on Livejournal. If you have a Livejournal account and haven't joined yet, please do, because any announcements regarding problems accessing the site are always reposted there.

------------------------------------

More details for the technically inclined or terminally curious: Due to problems transferring the neocolours.me.uk domain from Kamil's ownership to mine, there will be a period where the DNS records for neocolours.me.uk will not resolve to the server's IP address, and our only option is to wait for the transfer to complete successfully. If you want to make your own HOSTS file entry and know what you're doing, then by all means go for it - the server IP is 216.98.141.250, and should not be changing before the DNS is fixed.

In the meantime, I've registered neocolours.eu and redirected it to the "internal" address of the website, so it'll always work in the interim. Neocolours.me.uk will only work when the DNS lookups have been cached (and will probably expire anyway). We expect the issues to be resolved in about 3 weeks, if you've any questions about the in the meantime feel free to contact either of us about it.

Thanks,
Jazzy and Miguel.
Last edited by Miguel on 01 Jun 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many thanks to EofS for the avatar and signature images.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Site URL problems - please read!

Post by Cranberry »

Is the "keep me logged in" option working for anyone? I keep getting logged out. The URL at the top of the page has "sid" (for session ID, I'm assuming) and a whole ton of numbers at the end -- is that supposed to be showing?
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

It's doing that to me as well. D:
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

This should now be fixed for people using neocolours.eu - let me know if it isn't.

This does, however, mean that anyone still using neocolours.me.uk is now likely to have this problem when you end up setting a new cookie (ie, if you log in again - right now, the option to stay logged in should keep you logged in fine until that cookie expires and you get logged out). Basically, I can only specify one URL as the default for cookies, and I've had to choose the redirect from neocolours.eu over neocolours.me.uk. If the domain you access the site from isn't the default, the cookies don't work properly, and phpBB can't keep you logged in.

I advise anyone to log out, delete board cookies (it's an option in the blue footer) and then log in again if they're still having problems with the new board URL and staying logged in.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Thanks, Jazzy! I was going to complain that I was having the same problem, but it appears that I'm not anymore :)
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Thank you! It's working great now. :)
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

I missed this announcement, and had no idea where to find you guys. I was sad. :(

Thanks Adi for clearing up my confusion. XD I wish you luck in clearing up all the technical stuff that I do not understand. It is much appreciated!
ImageImageImage
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

By the way, if anyone notices any links which are broken because they lead to neocolours.me.uk places, would you tell me here, please? I've fixed a few, but no doubt I've missed some :)
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

The newposts link is .me.uk. Thanks for all the work you have put in!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Fixed, I think. Any others?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The subetaindex has some errors because it's trying to call up me.uk stuff. =)
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Ooh, yeah. I saw that, meant to fix it, and didn't...

As an aside - the forum times and time-based alerts are all currently wrong owing to a server problem (it thinks all timezones are an hour later than they really are). I've emailed our hosts, so hopefully that'll be fixed soon.

eta: now fixed. Please post if you notice the times going out of sync again.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

On the popularity stats page for Subeta, the link to the rating system still points to me.uk. (Thanks muchly for getting those timezones fixed!)
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Fixed - I think that ought to be almost everything now, because I've done a search through my files and the only remaining one I can find is the links page.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I don't know if it's related, but although it loads, there are a string of errors listed when going to change the status of Subeta. I don't know if it's enough of a "problem" to warrant "fixing" though.

I replaced brackets with { } ... so here's an example:

{phpBB Debug} PHP Notice: in file /uptime.php on line 14: include(subetaheader.html) {function.include}: failed to open stream: No such file or directory