Erm, tab thingee?

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Erm, tab thingee?

Post by Kamil »

I'm sorry, I don't know what it's called. :oops:

Anyway, I was putzing around in the wayback machine and I went away for a bit and came back and had this moment where I saw this : Image up at the top of my screen and just melted.

I'd love to have that back -- does anyone know how we make that happen?

Do I need to add something in the control panel somewhere? I'll happily do whatever's necessary -- if, erm, someone will just tell me what that is. =D

Whee, Neocolours!
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

We actually had a discussion on this, called a "favicon", but nothing ever came of it. Which makes me a little sad, I wouldnt mind seeing something prettier than the standard sheet of paper in Firefox.

http://nc.empireirc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=180
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

I remember that now, Tiel, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I, erm, obviously had no idea that's what was under discussion, hee, but I'd love to see either of yours used if people don't necessarily feel comfortable with using the old one.

I'd love to see our banner back as well. How do we feel about bringing that back to life, since it does appear we're here for good and all.

Erm, I think. Are we? Have we decided? =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I think it is in your browsers cache. I no longer have it on my tabs or in the URL bar, but it remains in my bookmark link. :/ Must not clear automatically.

Maybe try uploading another one? Aqua had a pretty cute lenny on the other thread that would be cool.
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

thelonetiel wrote:I think it is in your browsers cache. I no longer have it on my tabs or in the URL bar, but it remains in my bookmark link. :/ Must not clear automatically.

Maybe try uploading another one? Aqua had a pretty cute lenny on the other thread that would be cool.
It was in my cache. I deleted my post right before you sent this, because I'd just discovered it.

I'll give Aqua's a shot and see if the masses revolt. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Is there a reason we cant use the little coloured N? I always liked that N.
Image Image
Sig and button by Jazzy.

"Beauty often seduces us on the road to truth."- Wilson
"And triteness kicks us in the nads." - House
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

Kelly wrote:Is there a reason we cant use the little coloured N? I always liked that N.
I'm more than happy to use a "N" - it's just on the last thread no one could seem to decide which "N" to use.

I tried making one, but it was sucky and then I freaked out when it showed up site wide (which wasn't the plan) and then Tiel suggested trying Aqua's Lenny. So the Lenny is up for the moment.

Although at any second I expect Jazzy to whack me on my uppity head and take it down. =D

I'd love a "N", but we don't seem to have one everyone can or will agree on.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
sterlinglyons

Post by sterlinglyons »

Here's our original "N" if that's what we're after. Basically, I took a screen shot as it appeared in my Bookmarks from Sam's site and cropped it. It would have to be saved as an ico file.

Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

sterlinglyons wrote:Here's our original "N" if that's what we're after. Basically, I took a screen shot as it appeared in my Bookmarks from Sam's site and cropped it. It would have to be saved as an ico file.

And . . . switched. =D

Jazzy's so going to kill me. *meep*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
sterlinglyons

Post by sterlinglyons »

I don't think it worked? At least not for me. I didn't save it as an ico file because I don't know how.
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

sterlinglyons wrote:I don't think it worked? At least not for me. I didn't save it as an ico file because I don't know how.
As I figured out earlier when I was freaking because I thought the one I made wouldn't go away, you need to reopen your browser. =D

To make .ico files you have to go download a plugin for photoshop and then it'll save them that way. The first hit you get if you google is the one I used when I tried to make one earlier. It has a very helpful tutorial with a link to the plugin.

Also? Thank you, it's extremely comforting to have that back again. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Jazzy's so going to kill me. *meep*
I'd kill you if I could actually see it :P As it is, I can't. I just feel really weird using something Sam did most of.
Zap

Post by Zap »

Go Kamil! *hugs a giant N*

Ooohh... I can see it on kamil.slashcity now, nc.empireirc doesn't have it yet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I was earlier seeing it at the nc.empirenet address in the address bar but not in the tab itself.

Interesting.
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

yaayayaayyy!! The N came back!

It's not so much that I'm attached to that particular favicon - although I kind of am - as that the 5 sites I have on my links bar all have pretty favicons again.

*beams*