Neocolours hosting donations thread

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.

Have you donated to Neocolours in this fundraiser?

Poll ended at 05 Nov 2008 07:26 pm

Yes, it's money well spent
40%
Yes, but I'd sooner see another way to keep Neocolours running
No votes
No, but I'm going to next time
3%
No, I'd like to but can't
48%
No, I don't want to donate
10%

Total votes: 40

Miguel

Neocolours hosting donations thread

Post by Miguel »

Hi guys, I'm afraid it's that time again! (and I don't asking any more than you like being asked :P)

For the last year, Neocolours has been hosted on a communally-funded account, notionally in my name. The first funding drive was relatively successful (and a big thank you to all who initially donated back then), with donations equalling 10 months of funding for Neocolours.

However, 10 months only took us up to July past; since then I've been paying the bill for NC (I admit that it is entirely my fault, life's been busy and I never got around to writing this post). However, to secure the future hosting of Neocolours I'm now shaking the collection tin again.

I'd like to raise a clear year's worth of funding, if possible - this is £120 ($201 US, $283 AU, €150). Whilst I'm not going to name and shame people, I did notice that last time it was primarily the Neopets players who contributed - I think we've got a good Subeta community going here, so perhaps some of you guys could spare a little cash too, to keep us going?

You'll get your name in lights on a new page of the site (we'll be creating a page per funding drive with the list of all donors), and of course the warm fuzzy feeling that you're one of the people who make running Neocolours possible.

If you want to donate, I am happy to accept any amount. Last time we limited it to £5/$10 and £10/$20, but seeing how we didn't quite make our target before I'm happy to work around that to permit anyone who can't quite manage that (or indeed wants to pay more, it's all going towards keeping the site going!). I'd much rather take the hit of having to pay over-the-odds for admin fees on payments than resort to non-donation methods of raising money.

There are several ways to do this:
Everyone: I can issue paypal invoices for any amount, or you can drop money straight into my paypal account. My email address linked to the account is *email deleted*.
UK people: You can drop money directly into my bank account by electronic transfer, or mail me a cheque, or hunt me down and give me cash if you really want to - contact me privately for details of these.

Non-paypal means for non UK-people are more difficult, there are usually rules (as well as risks) concerning putting cash in the post. But do contact me, there may well be a way of getting money to another US / EU citizen to pass on (any nominations for people prepared to be a point of contact for converting money into paypal beans? Get in touch!).

I can be contacted by PM on here or by MSN or email at *email deleted*. Feel free to post questions, ideas, and even pledges in this thread, but do contact me off-list before sending me any money!

It's over to you guys now. Let's make Neocolours Fundraising 2008 even bigger than 2007. Go go go!
(edited because I'm still a bit of a noob)
Last edited by Miguel on 06 Nov 2008 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many thanks to EofS for the avatar and signature images.
Larkspurlane

Re: Neocolours hosting donations thread

Post by Larkspurlane »

I tried to send 20$ using the *email deleted* email addy but I got this error:
Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again.
* Email Address: Please enter a valid address in the format name@domain.com
Does it have a problem with your email ending in .co.uk instead of .com? :? Anyone else getting this or is it just me?
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Larkspurlane, I don't know why it's complaining about my email address - we never had any problems before. PM me your email address linked to your paypal account, and I'll issue an invoice to you instead.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

PM sent :mrgreen:
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

And received, thanks :-)

Donation #1 is away!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Hooray for Larkspurlane!

And a public big thanks to Miguel, too, for keeping us together. Everyone think warm fuzzy thoughts in his direction, k? Because he rocks. A lot.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Alright, payment was sent your way Miguel.

And yes, big thanks to you for hosting the site since July! *Hands you cookies*
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

If I was supposed to message you before Paypalling, I completely failed at reading comprehension. Sorry!
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

No worries FiG, I just want to be able to tell whose email addresses match up to NC usernames, so I don't have any donations that I can't associate to a member (that would be unfair on them; but if people really want to donate anonymously, just let me know either that it is anonymous deliberately, and ask me to keep quiet - I will).

Many thankyous many times over to the people who have already donated to the Neocolours hosting; you've made a great start to the fundraiser! At this rate, we'll hit our target in just a few more days :D
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I would love to donate t the upkeep of the site, but unfortunately I can't manage to do that until my next wages go in at the end of the month >_>. I will, however, donate as soon as the money's in the bank ^_^.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I can't donate this time around. ;_; College ate my bank account and I now have a grand total $18 to my name.

But thank you so much for keeping this place up and running since July. What would we do with you?
covet

Post by covet »

I can donate once my cheque for this month goes in my account,,,which should be soon, I hope.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Slugawoo wrote:I can't donate this time around. ;_; College ate my bank account and I now have a grand total $18 to my name.

But thank you so much for keeping this place up and running since July. What would we do with you?

Awwww. That's my same scenario too. It's very depressing to trade your very short life's earnings for a fancy piece of "You did it!" paper. I love this site, and it makes me sad that having $5.00 to spare is like a commodity of some sort.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Slugawoo wrote:I can't donate this time around. ;_; College ate my bank account and I now have a grand total $18 to my name.

Ditto. x.x; If there's a donations-requesty-thing some other time when I'm around my parents and they're buying the soap, food, etc for the house instead of me buying it for myself, I'll probably be able to then. ^^;
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Hey guys - just to let you know I am still around, just halfway through moving house. No, I promise I'm not moving to the Bahamas on your donations :oops:

Even more thanks to the donators, we're carrying on with the same sort of momentum we started with, which is fantastic!

To those who are more strapped for cash right now (including those of you who posted above), I don't want you guys to feel bad, I'm not the bailiffs coming around! :) This donations drive will be lasting 'til the end of the month if only because that's when I'll finally be finished moving house, and if you ever want to donate privately some other time, I'm always only ever a PM away... ;)

Really, the way you guys have rallied around and been so supportive in words and deeds is fantastic - this really is a great community, you guys are proving that right now :)