Commandeered Site Name?

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
sterlinglyons

Commandeered Site Name?

Post by sterlinglyons »

I really didn't know where else to post this message, but this morning as I browsed jellyneo I saw a credit for two new Ogrin colors. My first thought was, "nice, Neocolours does it again" my second was "wait, that's not our domain".

In short (and I'm not sure if this has been brought up on the forums; I found no instances of it), there is another site called Neocolours which uses .de instead of .me.uk. The tag line is even eerily similar to ours, "Neocolours, the Neopets colour guide!" whereas we use "Neocolours: the Neopets colour/species guide".

I was just curious as to what everyone thought.
daisybell

Re: Commandeered Site Name?

Post by daisybell »

We do know, it has existed for over two years and caused a fair amount of hassle and upset when we found out. The discussions still exist on the forum, but I don't really feel like dragging it all up, frankly- it led to all kinds of crap when it happened.

What I think? I don't like it, but I don't think there is anything sensible we can do about it either.

Maybe Jazzy will pop by and give her official view, though I wouldn't blame her at all if she wanted to simply forget the whole episode.
Neopets wishlists: here
Madge

Post by Madge »

Quick version: somebody asked for the code, and it was given to them without the forum being consulted. Everyone was saddened by this, and AFAIK the person responsible was forever shunned.

Let's never speak of it again.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Let's not, shall we?