Burrito in the Wall

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Burrito in the Wall

Post by Jazzy »

So TNT recently released this:

Apparently, some users took it as a political statement, presumably about Trump (try as I might, I can't work out which direction it would be, apparently it's anti-Trump???) and they've had to take it down...
Woops - there must not be as many classic rock fans around these days as we might have thought! After some grumbling, we’ve decided to remove that much-talked-about burrito from the Fresh Foods Shop rather than trying to cover it up with what our friends’ across the pond might see as just… ‘Another Brick in the Wall.’

But don’t let these daft musical references detract from the fact that TNT will continue to keep Neopia a politics-free zone and that we would never use site content to knowingly target any particular group or individual. Sorry for any confusion this might have caused!
Oops indeed. Image
Color Wheel

Re: Burrito in the Wall

Post by Color Wheel »

I think it's because Trump wants to build that stupid wall around Mexico, and burritos are obviously Mexican food. Especially because this was released the day after his inauguration. (Ironically, publishing that only drew more attention to it, but it's nice that they did apologize - even if it was unintentional, as it's actually a Pink Floyd reference I believe).
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Re: Burrito in the Wall

Post by Nogitsune »

Color Wheel wrote: 28 Jan 2017 08:05 pm I think it's because Trump wants to build that stupid wall around Mexico, and burritos are obviously Mexican food. Especially because this was released the day after his inauguration. (Ironically, publishing that only drew more attention to it, but it's nice that they did apologize - even if it was unintentional, as it's actually a Pink Floyd reference I believe).
The Pink Floyd song you want is "Another Brick in the Wall". I just saw it as another weird item on Neopets. I mean I know all about Trump's half-baked plans, and I can see where some people could take it out of context, but I just thought it was funny.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.