Worm finding in Moltara

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Re: 1st Look at the new "Magma" Pets: Magma Xweetok!

Post by Kamil »

Dunno if this should go here or with the AotA's thread - but since I imagine it's connected to the new color, not the finished plot, I'm sticking it here.

There are glowing worms showing up now in Moltera City. If you go to the lamp shop and refresh, he'll give you an empty lantern and then you can start picking them up. Don't know what you do with them from that point, but they're No Trade items, so there's something besides the cuteness factor.

Which is pretty high on the worms. They're adorable. =D

EDIT: One of the caves by the pool is now clickable. If you go there you get this message:
It's much too dark in here to see! You'd better find an appropriate light source, otherwise you'd be doomed to spend your days stumbling in the dark.
I've three worms so far, but none of them are working with my empty lantern. So far.

Joy. More plot stuffs. I'd be happy if I trusted them not to stuff this one up as royally as they did the last chapter. x.x
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Hooray! I've got worms!

Well, three of them - and very colourful and cute they are too.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

http://www.neopets.com/magma/darkcave.phtml

It tells me I need an appropriate light source.
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

I was just about to post that Cranberry; I'm thinking we need to get the lantern and all the worms and it'll somehow work...
Subeta
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Apparently there are 10 worms: red, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple, pink, black, white and rainbow.
EofS

Post by EofS »

From what I glean from the boards, there are ten worms. When you have them all you can go in the cave, do some sort of "choose path a or b" thing, and you end up with something.

I presume you have to do that before the pool becomes available. You have to catch the guard asleep, and it looks like you can do it once a week.

I had the worst luck with the red worm. It was there when I first loaded the map, before getting my lantern. When I exited the lantern shop, it was there again and I refreshed away by accident. Then when it finally came back, the white was there too. But with flash, you can only open one! (Thankfully I had the good sense to do a non-refreshing page back and the white was still there. Woo!)

Edit: Seems a bit like the glacial pets on Subeta. Nice to have a bit of variation :0)

Editedit: No, looks like worms and the pool are unconnected. Curiouser and curiouser.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Just so none of you make the mistake I did: don't put your lantern in your SDB because the worms will become unobtainable again until you move it back. You need it in your inventory for this to work. I'm not sure what happens if it gets sludged or stolen...

If anyone on the neoboards or elsewhere gets a female magma pet with no background, etc, I'd be grateful if you could post the URL here so we can add it to the database. All the males are now up.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

iprin on the neoboards posted this list of worm locations:

City:
Red - Ground to the right of Town Hall
Orange - Doorway to Tunnel Tumble
Green - Roof of Cog's Togs
White - Ground underneath Lampwyck's
Rainbow - Right outside the enterance to the Moltara Caves (bottom right)

Caves:
Yellow - Pathway leading back to the Dark Cave
Blue - Ground by stairs to Petpetorium
Purple - In front of cave behind Magma Pool
Pink - Ground in front of Pool, next to the round.. thing
Black - Cave underneath Arcanium

So far, mine were all in the listed places (I have all but black). Refreshing is annoying, but at least we know where to look.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Aww! The worms are so cute!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I have 8 so far. I can't speak for anyone else but I've had a LOT better luck going away and doing something else, then coming back, than I've had continually refreshing. Maybe it's on some sort of timer.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Wingsrising wrote:I have 8 so far. I can't speak for anyone else but I've had a LOT better luck going away and doing something else, then coming back, than I've had continually refreshing. Maybe it's on some sort of timer.
Unsure. I got a lot very quickly (as in, 7) then have only got one since. And that's with a number of brief intense periods of refreshing since the 7th. So I'll refresh for a while, get bored, wander off, come back...
BazookaBabe

Post by BazookaBabe »

I can't, for the life of me, get the rainbow one to appear. I've been sitting here for an hour refreshing D:<
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

First eight are fairly easy to find. It's the last two that are problematic. 3 hours of on and off refreshing and I still don't have my black and rainbow worms. *invokes the public bitching law*

Also someone on the boards posted this interesting link (not sure how they found it):
http://www.neopets.com/magma/pets.phtml
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I'm in the boat of missing Shadow and Rainbow, despite refreshing for a while... I wonder if there are any triggers for these "rarer" worms? They seem to be the ones that people have the most trouble with... Or maybe they are just programmed to be a bitch. xP

I like this Magma thing. I can't wait for the deal about when the guard falls asleep to be figured out. This seems like it'll be an easy paint job for whenever your labrat gets zapped something fugly. :D
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

The Rainbow and White worms took me forever; oddly enough, when I found my black worm, the image on the caves itself was that of the Rainbow worm but when I clicked on it it told me I found the black one.
Subeta