Minor art updates

Post anything new on Neopets here.
solid_119

Re: Minor art updates

Post by solid_119 »

Jazzy wrote:
I don't have a problem with them having shelves with folded clothes on. Does that never happen in shops where you are? It's not uncommon here... Particularly it would make me think of somewhere rather higher-end.
Or Primark.
what I'm saying is that they look like towels ... better to display them on a rack so they'd look like clothes ...
EofS

Post by EofS »

Jazzy wrote:
I don't have a problem with them having shelves with folded clothes on. Does that never happen in shops where you are? It's not uncommon here... Particularly it would make me think of somewhere rather higher-end.
Or Primark.
Shockingly, my one attempt to shop there revealed that I'm too fat for Primark. So it doesn't leap to mind as somewhere with shelves. But you do have a good point, they do it too don't they.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

As someone who's spent years folding clothes in a department store, I can say I'm all for hanging clothes. You can spend an hour getting a table or shelves neatly folded and then a single person comes along, turns over a stack, unfolds the largest size(since the larger ones are usually on the bottom here), and then proceeds to do that to every pile on the table, even if they're all the exact same shirt in different colors. I've had people start messing with the stacks WHILE I am in the process of folding them. Folding is infinitely inferior to hanging, especially for men's dress shirts. Those come with fun pins and needles, plastic, paper, and cardboard. I could also rage on about the people who like to hang things by turning all the clothes inside out, laying them on top of the rack or table furthest from where it came, and then daintily placing the hanger on top of the wadded up ball of stuff.

I am not at all bitter.

Oh, and I also thought the uni was male.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Now I'm imagining the Uni as Austin from Project Runway (ugh I watch awful reality TV).

Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

omg Madge, that's exactly who I always pictured the Uni as!

And yeah, Huggles, I agree with you - the size you want is always buried in the middle and someone before you has always made a mess. I'm not (too) ashamed to admit that I'm the sort of person who just can't help picking things up and refolding clothes and so on even though I don't work there...
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Aww, but Austin is great, Madge. And at least it's a reality show involving people doing things other than eating strange objects or playing the adult version of Double Dare, without all the fun.

And to continue on our tangent for a little while longer, I've learned to stop venturing into other stores on the mall while I'm on my breaks. Even though I'm clearly wearing a uniform and name tag from another store, people still stop me to ask for help. The folding and straightening of things as I walk along probably doesn't help matters either.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I think the hand isn't bothering me as much because back when I gave my Neopets anthro designs (now they don't get them, heh), my grey ixi had hands like that - actual fingers that were different colors to match their quad-hooves. Of course, MY Anthros are less like Neopet anthros and more like kemonomimi, so it made a... little bit more sense? I'm... not sure.

The rest of the picture is lackluster, though to add to everyone else, I definitely see clothes folded just as often as I see them hung up... which sucks, because I always need sizes near the bottom :P
Madge

Post by Madge »

For those of us who are like me and lack the necessary culture to know what "kemonomimi" means, it is that style of anthro where the neopet is basically a person with ears and a tail tacked on.

This has been your public service "wtf does that word mean" announcement. CARRY ON.
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

The Money Tree Got An Update. Your Thoughts ?
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

He (she?) looks like he is going to eat that bag of NP.
But it's okay, nothing special, nothing very wrong with it. doesn't look very Neopia central to me, but I guess it never looked like that.
Fury

Post by Fury »

New Food Shopkeeper! He looks much better than the old fella but I'm not a fan of Chia's in general. The strawberry pie on the table looks delicious. The only thing that made me go 'huh' was the fact that he looks like he lives in a stone hut. I've always liked the idea of him living in a giant beefburger as it shows on the map!
Kinesthesia

Post by Kinesthesia »

Neopian Post Office
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Two chias in a row. Really disturbing on some level, dunno.
Image Image
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

omg .. he's really old
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

The Collectible Card shop got a make-over