Altador Cup '10!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Bacon

Altador Cup '10!

Post by Bacon »

I figured I'd start a topic, not that there's much to talk about right now xD

Today's news mentions that the Altador Cup 5 will be soon and that signups have started! I'm weird, and I look forward to the Altador Cup every year, even if I'm not so good at it xD It's just fun!

I'll probably be signing up with Team Moltara... I like the colors xD What are everyone else's team choices for the year?
Last edited by Bacon on 21 May 2010 03:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldenchaos

Re: Altador Cup 10!

Post by Goldenchaos »

You also get STUFF when you join.

Im thinking RI again (Just to keep the trophies the same, but since they came in ninth last year..) ..but Moltara DOES sound nice.

Im not too sure at this point.
Image Image
ImageImage
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Here's lavander's last year tip to try out all the teams:

1- Open the game to large size
2 - Copy the url at the top
3 - Paste url into new window
4 - Change team number (very last number, after team_2) and hit enter!

I'll postpone deciding which team to join till the last possible moment, since picking a team is my favourite part of the Altador cup.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

You get more stuff when you join if you join a team you've played for before- I've always played for Roo Island, and I got four extra items as well as the team background when I joined Roo Island this year.
Neopets wishlists: here
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Yayayay! I have a feeling I'll be all over this like a rash this year (it coinciding with the World Cup helps :-) )

Shenkuu again for me I expect.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I heard someone say "extra free things". I was going to join Haunted Woods again before that though. :P Do you think the extra items are the same for everyone? I'm guessing most likely. But yay, Krell is back. :D Looks like the lineup changed again. They got rid of the cool ghost yurble dude in favor of a creepy looking zombie usul. :/
Laniv

Post by Laniv »

Joining Shenkuu as usual.
Also, the staff tournament is back! ...Yay?
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I'm not really into the AC, but I'll be voting for my usual favourite staffers in the Staff Tournament. ("Probability based on past win record"? What's that?) I usually "play" for KI or Tyrannia, and I doubt that'll change this year. By "play" I of course mean "play a few games, realise once again that I am worse at Yooyuball than a trained hamster, get demoralised and come back only for the finals".

By the way, why does the title of this thread say AC10 when it's only AC5? I came in half expecting sci-fi.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Also joined Shenkuu for the third time, I played Meridell and Darigan in the first two.
derp
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

You get more stuff when you join if you join a team you've played for before
I think by dedicated players they simply mean that you have played before. So what team you picked doesn't matter, just that you participated in the other cups. Sort of a loyal user thing? The items are nice anaway! I like that archway!

I picked Maraqua, because, I don't know actually, they are pretty and blue. Last year was Shenkuu, two years before that Mystery Island.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Altador Cup '10!

Post by Jazzy »

Agreed, it doesn't matter which team you've played for before. If nothing else, quite a few of the teams haven't existed for all the Cups.

There seems to be confusion about what qualifies you for the items. Jellyneo reckons one's for AC4, one's for AC3+AC4, one's for AC2+3+4 and one for AC1+2+3+4, but I actually only played AC1 and AC2 (as you can see from my lookup) and received two of the items. I reckon the book is for playing in one Altador Cup and the archway for playing in two, regardless of which year those were.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Yeah, I thought from the way it was phrased that it was for being loyal to a particular team and not just to the event, but I was wrong. And it wouldn't make much sense to penalise people for joining a new team or for having chosen to play for Brightvale in one of the first two cups.
Neopets wishlists: here
Fury

Post by Fury »

I'm not a huge player in the Altador Cup (I completely missed it last year) but I've always backed Haunted Woods right from the beginning. They won the first ever year and have slid down the ladder ever since, LOL. I like their character designs though. There are also others that are pretty too such as Moltara, Maraqua & Terror Mountain.

EDIT: Oooh, the Virtupets team are cool too! I'll stick to HW for continuity though, haha.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I joined Darigan again this year (my 5th year with them) and will somehow try to find the time to try for all-star again. The bonus signup prizes were a nice addition. =)
Red Mask Corgi

Post by Red Mask Corgi »

It's been a while since I joined the Altador Cup [absent from Neopets for a good while] but I remember joining Tyrannia, so back to them I go :3 Plus it seems fitting for my band of Pteri (Pteris?). I'm sad that I missed a good chunk of it though, I remember it being very fun x3