Professor Milton Clodbottle's Astounding Habitarium (Beta)

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Rakumel

Re: Professor Milton Clodbottle's Astounding Habitarium (Bet

Post by Rakumel »

Yes, I noticed it too! I've only seen one of my Pinchits yawn so far. I'll have to try and catch the other ones doing it.

I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but I noticed that occasionally when I take a P3 out of a house and put it next to a resource to begin working, it stays asleep for a few seconds. Sometimes I have to pick it up and place it again. I thought, "Oh god, they're even acting like me now." XD
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

From today's news:
TNT wrote:*UPDATE* - Habitarium players will be pleased to know that we have released a new build with bug fixes...
I lol'd :-)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Can I only see other peoples habituatiums if you are my neofriends? I would love to look around and see how other people decorated theirs!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I got bored of letting my Habitarium run itself and decided to meddle. As a result, I now have exclusively Pinchit workers, Larnikin soldiers, and mostly Mootix nesters, with a few Pinchit and Larnikin nesters in order to be able to keep the Pinchits and Larnikins going. My nests are colour-coded so I know how many of those I have :P

Anyone else doing slightly different things with their Habitarium?
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I'm still just trying to get mine to 50, so not gotten bored with it running itself, yet. I could kick myself for having put off starting it for so long?. That's a cute (but almost scary-organized) system you have going on there. The only things I do is color code my houses to know what's in them and try to keep one species at a time as soldiers. My habi is almost all mootix though, as I adore them.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Marah wrote:Can I only see other peoples habituatiums if you are my neofriends? I would love to look around and see how other people decorated theirs!
Sorry for the very late response but yes, you can only spy on your neofriends.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I have three nests, all color-coded for species, and i might make three more when i don't need to have so many workers harvesting supplies. I keep at least two of each kind of nester, along with one nester egg apiece in my bag. I try to keep soldiers and workers well-stocked too, with 6-8 soldiers (half resting) and the rest workers.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I was just packing my bugs away for the night- bar a nester who had to finish incubating and a soldier- read the last few posts of this thread, then checked my bugs just as I got a pest invasion. Cue mad scramble to find my other soldiers. Colour coding things is very appealing right now.

I'm on level 26 and I only have Pinchits. I've got fifteen right now, three nesters, three soldiers and the rest are workers. In my bag I've got six pages of eggs, 3/4 of which are Pinchit but I've got a mixture of all three types for the other two as well, just in case. I'm focusing on filling storages right now but once my current one is full I'm planning on going on a decorating binge.

My account is mkrow if anybody wants to friend me.
Marah

Post by Marah »

There are new items! So a decorating binge is well planned :)

I colour coded my houses (sort of) But my soldiers are always in the barracks, they are easy to find that way. I have 8 soldiers, 8 nesters and the rest are workers. Everything is half/half pinchit mootix. (I want veespa's though, that would be cool!)
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

So is it just my imagination, or do the invader bugs get nastier as you level up? I had no problem dispatching them at the lower levels, but I hit level 30 earlier this week, and since then, they've started invading in higher numbers and are doing more damage to my resources/buildings/P3s.

(the nasty things killed one of my freshly hatched Mootix nesters a little bit ago-- the little teeny tiny 50 XP gems are the saddest things possibly ever)
old world underground where are you now?
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Yes, pests do get nastier as you level up.

And I don't understand why releasing so many decorations with so little space in the habitarium itself.
Marah

Post by Marah »

And so many big decorations. I love some of the things, but if the gazebo is in my habitarium it is mostly in water because I couldn't fit it in on land.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

For myself, I tend to use mootics for stone and pollen, pinchits for grass and wood, and larnkin for mud and water (though lately I've been considering replacing them with all mootics).

I've been debating about getting hospitals or barracks. Are either of these that much better than regular houses?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Nope. The only reason to have them is they look different :P
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Jazzy wrote:Nope. The only reason to have them is they look different :P
Ah, thanks. In that case I'll just update my storage and houses.

Also, mootics yawning is quite possibly the cutest thing ever.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.