Wheel of Extravagance - Only(?!) 100,000np a Spin!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Madge

Wheel of Extravagance - Only(?!) 100,000np a Spin!

Post by Madge »

http://www.neopets.com/desert/extravagance.phtml

Serious, 100k a spin?

I spun it and won nothing. According to JN, you can get lab map pieces, job coupons, nerkmids, pbs, +5 of a stat to active pet, super rare items...

JN's guide: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=woex
Jamie

Re: Wheel of Extravagance - Only(?!) 100,000np a Spin!

Post by Jamie »

Yesterday I got 25,000.

Today: 50,000.

Damnit, I can tell I'm probably going to spin this a lot...
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

With those prizes it looks like a pretty effective NP sink, unless it starts giving out large numbers of expensive PBs/items.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I won 100,001np :D I'm not normally a gambler but this wheel is very tempting...
Madge

Post by Madge »

I know, right? It's as though the bigger price tag makes you more inclined to use it!!

Kantark - it'll still be an effective np sink if it gives out large amounts of items, because it'll lower the rarity of those items and so lower their price. So it cuts inflation two ways. There's no cash prize above 100k (well, except for 100,001 np :P), so it's only going to take neopoints out of the economy and possibly add rare items.

I think it's a good thing.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I got 100,001 the first day and then nothing. I like it though, I'll definitely keep spinning!
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

To be specific about the PBs, it is giving out high end paint brushes. Plushie, Pirate, Woodland, Zombie are ones I've heard so far. Doesn't seem to be any of the "cheaper" brushes, though I don't know about middle road brushes like Royal or Darigan.

Other prizes seem to be lab map pieces, (gold) job coupons, nerkmids, an exclusive stamp, the background in the news, along with 50k, 25k, and 100,001.

I got 100,001 yesterday, and then 50k today, so oops. But that paintbrush spot makes it hard not to!
Kari

Post by Kari »

I'm so tempted to spin this thing, but I like my money :(
derp
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I got +10 str to my battle pet so that was cool. I definitely don't have the funds to make this any sort of daily, but I think it's a great addition to the site.

I'd like to see them add a 50k wheel which would be similar but with less amazing prizes. I think it would be an even bigger money sink since 50k is a more reasonable amount to stomach on a gamble.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I got 50k yesterday and 100001np today 8)

It also gives out a random r100 item -- I've seen people who have gotten Emerald Eyrie Coins, Glittery Scorchstone, Mastermind Plushie, Chocoon, and other COOL STUFF (including r100 nerkmids)

It's already caused mass deflation of nerkmids and paint brushes; The current low price on the TP tried to auction his Plushie Paint Brush last night for 5mil and couldn't sell it.

From what I've seen, the avatar isn't that hard to get. Just be wary of the 'boosts' -- the HP one doesn't permanently add hit points, only heals them a la Healing Springs.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Nice! i've gotten a sudden tendency to blow ALL my NPs, and this doesn't help things (my meager bank balance will undoubtedly suffer). But in that sense, i think it's fabulous. I've since decided not to worry about my higher-end goals (the BD set upgrade isn't all that important to me) unless i just happen to get lucky on them. For me, the draw to this site now is splurging and taking financial risks that have no bearing on the real world. It helps get that nonsense out of my system while allowing me to have the chance that it pays off.

My first roll got me a big fat nothing. Today i got the profit of 1. I usually keep just over 100K on hand, so now i have another reason for that habit.
Fury

Post by Fury »

FFFFFFF

Another avatar I'm going to have to spend crap loads of money to get. Damn you, TNT!

I actually really like this idea. I haven't spun it yet as I'm *trying* to save my money but that avatar is just too tempting. What with that and the new Hidden Tower avatars... ugh. Bye bye bank account.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I just want the rare items, couldn't give a toss about the avatar! Got 50k today. :(
Fury

Post by Fury »

Madge wrote:I just want the rare items, couldn't give a toss about the avatar! Got 50k today. :(
The thought of getting an Emerald Eyrie Coin is amazing to be honest.

I took my first spin just now and got...

25,000NP. Haha.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Well the past two days I've gotten absolutely nothing and 25k, so I think I'm done with this for a bit heh.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.