Altador Cup 2011

Post anything new on Neopets here.
DamionDarkheart

Re: Altador Cup 2011

Post by DamionDarkheart »

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseu ... URNAMEHERE

I suggest copy/pasting the link as clicking anywhere, including the address bar, closes the window (at least in Chrome)
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

http://www.neopets.com/~AbsoluteCorruption

An awesome, automatic, on-site rank calculator. It also has cool statistics like how many games per day you need to play to get to a certain rank by the end, and top players per team.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Great find, Meghan! Very interesting page.

And good news, I only need to play 80 games of YYB a day to get All-Star (or 952 of Make Some Noise) :-P
I think I'll stick to a realistic achievement, Rank 1 at 2 games a day sounds enough to me.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

80 a day, so that means..about, three or so hours of play time. Since each game is roughly 30 minutes long, and you can play 20 games per hour.

28 days left ..or 27? May be doable!
Image Image
ImageImage
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Ugh, will I get a shield if I send scores in all the games except YYB? I tried playing three games of it and I just HATED it. The other team kept scoring on me and I got so frustrated with not being able to choose which character I controlled that I just closed the window. I haven't managed a single goal.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

http://www.neopets.com/~xSorielx This might help score better.

ANd you can get a shield with playing the side games. I find playing Shootout Showdown a lot easier, and faster, though, it takes longer to get a point.
Image Image
ImageImage
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I disagree with SOSD taking longer. Until the timing glitch was fixed in YYB, it was the fastest way to rank up -- it only takes about 3-4 hours to max as opposed to ~17 for YYB.

Granted it's boring as hell and I have to refresh my window every 50 or so games, but if you can get a good system going, is quite fast.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Yea, once I found out that you only need one goal to make it count, SOSD is much faster...but..with only a few days left, I wont be able to get All Star. Better luck next year.
Image Image
ImageImage
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I am not doing well at all this year. I'm only rank 13 (very close to 14) with not many days left to go. It seems this will be the first time in 4 years that I won't be all-star. I've been sticking to YYB.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I played three games tonight and I got one loss, one tie and one win. I REALLY hate the game now and have no desire to play it ever again. Bah, Neopets. Give us something new and FUN to do, PLEASE.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Cranberry wrote:I played three games tonight and I got one loss, one tie and one win. I REALLY hate the game now and have no desire to play it ever again. Bah, Neopets. Give us something new and FUN to do, PLEASE.
ICAM. I really hate AC. I wish it wasn't every year. Maybe every 2 years would be good (personally, I think it should be every 4 years like the World Cup, but that's me. :wink: ), but all of the AC homers would probably freak if something like that was implemented. I never care for any of the prizes. At this point, I'm just playing for something to go on my ULU.

Neo has become so repetitive lately. We get Daily Dare, then Altador Cup, then Games Master Challenge, and Advent Calendar. The occasional good plot does very little to break up the monotony.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Not very interesting prizes, but I like that your trophy reflects your rank now.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I got an amazing total of 3 points! I don't know what to do with them all I have so many choices.

As a side note, this is the least effort I've ever put into any Neopet plot/game/activity/whatever.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Between AC II and this AC, I went from an All-Star

To someone with 12 points altogether.

Damn you, mouse-less AC
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Prizes aren't great, but I like the new trophy system.

I'm gonna get 2 of the stamps, a Meridell Mug, and several copies of the two books.