Wishing Well Avatar

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Bif

Wishing Well Avatar

Post by Bif »

I did search for a board but it doesn't seem that one exists yet. I LOVE collecting avatars and it seems the best way to get TNT to release a new one is to solve an old.

SO, I thought I would let you know about a project to try and solve the Wishing Well Avatar. Due to what TNT has said about it in the past it seems reasonable to assume that the simplest solution: You need to donate X NP to the well, is the answer. The question of course is, what is X?

http://www.sunnyneo.com/wishingwellproj ... mit#result

This page is keeping track of all donation amounts. The maximum number to donate is 99K, but thus far they are starting with 1-60K (it is unclear if the reason for this is that 60K+ has been tested already). All amounts from 1-17k have already been done, but what about the rest?!

Yes, it will cost quite a lot of points, but the more people who help, the less it will cost.

So, anyone willing to help?

This is the board on Neopets trying to promote the project: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic. ... 401#bottom
Fury

Re: Wishing Well Avatar

Post by Fury »

Hello Bif, it's nice to see you back! I am sure I remember you. (:

Thank you for posting this. I am a keen avatar collector also and I've come across the SunnyNeo project before. I've tried and tested a few amounts over a period of time but I should help out a bit more - I can't wait until this avatar is uncovered, it's like Bonju all over again.

Pretty!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I'm too lazy to search the forums, but what was the answer to the Bonju avatar problem? I'm terribly curious to know if it was as stupid and convoluted as I'd always thought.
Madge

Post by Madge »

You had to mix a book in the cooking pot or something at a certain time of year iirc. I'm also too lazy to search :)
Bif

Post by Bif »

"Have the Mad About Orange avatar as your active, then mix a Blumaroo Steak, a Gourmet Cooking For Your Pet and an Orange Juice at The Cooking Pot during the month of August."
From Jellyneo.net

I can't wait till it is figured out either! It's rather exciting to have such a hard challenge, but frustrating all at the same time.
Bif

Post by Bif »

A new hint has come out! On the premium boards Dragona said that "6" is a hint for the WW avi.

SN has now unlocked ALL amounts for testing so that all amounts with 6 in them as well as multiples of 6 can be tested. I feel like we are getting closer but the more people who help out the faster this will go! Imagine being the first to unlock the secret!
Fury

Post by Fury »

Hmm, yes I saw that hint on Charter. It's exciting to get an official clue. I've tried wishing for the 6th item in my inventory, donating 6666 NP whilst have the Number Six avatar as my active and then also donating the item to the Money Tree... but no dice. I feel it may be something along these lines so I will keep trying!

I am sure I read somewhere that TNT confirmed this avatar isn't seasonal but the '6' hint makes me think it may only be available in June? Hmm...
Bif

Post by Bif »

They confirmed it isn't seasonal.

They have also said a lot that "it's a wishing well, one just simly, tosses coins in" and "if you tossed in coins at the same rate you asked for hints you would have found it by now" and someone asked about going through all amounts from 1-99K and they basically said "well, you'd better work together and start donating". They contantly say we are overthinking it too. AND that it's not item related.

This is why I really think that it's just a specific about of NP you need to donate (probablly with a 6 in it). This would serve as the NP sink that they are intending the WW to be (they have said this too) It also makes sense that we would have found it in the 4 months they thought we would have if we all worked together.

Note: all quotes are not exact.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

"Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Wishing Well' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!"

48,673np is the magic number! Donate that, wish for anything and the avatar is yours :)
Fury

Post by Fury »

It's finally been found! Thanks for the heads up Jamie. :)
EofS

Post by EofS »

Wonder how quickly we'd have found it if the brute-forcing had started sooner.

Thanks for the heads up Jamie.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Added to the avatars page :)
EofS

Post by EofS »

24 hours on, I think it's safe to say I did not get my wish for a krawk transmog granted. Curses.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Thanks for the notifiaction Jamie!

I hit the button twice so accidentally donated 97346NP. If I don't get a Moltenore now I'll be really annoyed :-P
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark