New perks for Premium users

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: New perks for Premium users

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Oddly, i've gotten a few referral requests since they shut them off, after over a year of nobody asking. :P So those who want to sign up will have to wait until apparently mid-June, but i don't know what their new referral system will be like. Here's TNT's Neomail i got a few days ago:

=====================================================

Sent: 24/5/2012 04:21pm
Folder: Inbox
Subject: New Premium Update: Launch Dates & Scratchcards

››› JUNE 11, 2012 ‹‹‹

This obnoxiously large notice is to inform you of our new target launch date for the updated Premium service!

We wanted to share it with you right away but the payment information email isn't quite ready to send yet (probably later next week), so this is all we have for you at the moment... which makes this email kind of empty. Well, then. This is awkward. Let's just leave this copy here to fill space. This, too. And also, this. Okay, that's enough.

Oh. Wait. One more thing! In preparation for the new Space Faerie Scratchcards, we want to suggest that everyone use up any backlogged scratchcards before new Premium launches. You can view any unscratched cards by visiting this page and clicking on each unused card to scratch it. If you don't claim these before the launch, they will disappear into OUTER SPACE to make way for the new ones. So get 'em while you can!

And while we have you here, don't forget that Webmail is still closing down on May 31st! Be sure to back up anything you'd like to keep before then.

Until next time...

- The Neopets Team
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

New Premium is up: https://secure.nc.neopets.com/membership/

So far the reviews haven't been great (except for the 5th pet slot) -- can anyone here comment on the "improved" SSW?

Apparently the Premium space faerie av is now default. Meh, when I had Premium I earned mine with great difficulty finding users to refer. Oh well! More prettiness on the neoboards I guess.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I really don't like the bar at the bottom that I guess is replacing the Portal :/ I -HATE- stuff like that on sites.. anyone know how if there's a way to minimize it or something? I haven't been able to figure it out yet ^^;
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

It's a mess. :(

You can hide it outright via your Preferences. There's a ticky near the bottom of the list that says "Check this bots (sic) if you do not want the premium notification bar to display." But no, as far as i can tell, there's no way to minimize it if you want to keep it handy.

Yes, the new SSW is really handy for things like pricing my shop (it's RIGHT THERE, yay! no having to click back and forth on windows/tabs). But it's glitched and has issues with people who need larger text sizes and such. The previous search text is still in the item bar when you do a new search, so you have to clear it out for each new search. You're forced to use it right there, no ability to pop it out. It's also in a different table layout for copy-pasting, so it's a mess for posting quest helps.

I CAN'T WAIT until i can edit the new dailies list! It's so out of order and incomplete now. I miss my Portal. The (VERY SIMPLE) HTML i'm trying to use as a local homepage isn't showing up right, and i would love to figure out how to just plug it into Firefox or a local HTML document and have it show up right.

So for now, i have a butchered bare-bones version on my Ixi's homepage. But you can't mention a certain imaginary food item (the giant jelly daily), or it says a link is blocked but won't say which. Body formatting is messed-up too. Not cool.

Ah well, at least i had the presence of mind to save all of my links before Portal went goodbye.
_neo_kami_91

Post by _neo_kami_91 »

A 5th pet space...I'm so getting Premium.
Madge

Post by Madge »

For $70 a year for one account, I'm not sure if the 5th spot is actually worth it tbh.
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

They're rolling out a lot of fixes and still taking feedback. HUZZAH FOR SNARKIE and of course the rest of TNT for thoughtfully listening to our whining after all that work they put into it! I'm far from being the only one with the gripes of "this is broken, this is not as efficient as it could be, and my dailies are wrecked."

Despite all my complaining, it's still worth it to me. But of course it's not worth it to everyone. The 5 pet slots bit wasn't among the perks that made me want to stay, but now i'm tempted to have my original 4 pets all in one place again and free up room on all of my sides, especially now that we get to CHOOSE which pet (the active one) is targeted for Faerie Quest boosts and such.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Are there further details available on how the 5th pet slot works, like if you go for a 3 month hiatus for whatever reason and stop paying for Premium?

Thanks for the details on the SSW & other issues, Fjorab :D

Good to hear they're being responsive to feedback!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Madge

Post by Madge »

Apparently they hide your fifth pet for 3 months and after that it gets pounded?
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Answer: http://customersupport.neopets.com/ics/ ... onID=15519

I think that's only if you had to pound a pet to get back down to 4. THEN if you don't get Premium again in 90 days it goes into the pound system.

I think what happens is the 5 pet slot stays there as long as you don't log on. If your Premium runs out and you log on, it won't let you continue until you've picked a pet to let go of.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Portal is really gone. Say it ain't so... :(

Premium just isn't the same without it. Same with webmail. I guess the only thing that would rope me back into premium is using the lab ray a bunch of times. Ex: If I were to zap 14 times in one day, then maybe I wouldn't be allowed to for 2 weeks, etc. I'm just making up something more enticing.
Madge wrote:For $70 a year for one account, I'm not sure if the 5th spot is actually worth it tbh.
Apparently they're offering it for 50% off through June 30th. Fjorab, does that mean $35.00 USD/yr?
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I don't know the answer to that one. My payment doesn't renew until August. I do know that a lot of current paid members are supposedly getting a free month and some previous Premium players who don't technically have it anymore are getting some premium perks right now.

And yeah, they mentioned up-front that the Portal was going away. It was my number one fear of the changes, and yes i definitely miss it. I do hope they add some more perks to make up for what they took away, though they'll probably just point to the 5th pet slot. I didn't think i was going to make use of it, but i probably will, giving me TWO spaces to hold Lab-adopters on my main and having three of my oldest pets back on my main (i put Tyg back on there).

I think my main draws are SSW, Premium boards (much easier for me to keep up with and much less maddening), and doing something to support a site i've loved (and hated to love and loved to hate) for the past 12 years. As we've seen, most of the staff really do want us to have a good time, and i happily give my money to them. But there are probably several in those offices who just wish people would stop complaining or questioning the questionable or being "difficult," so they treat it as another necessary drudge-job and unintentionally give the site its downsides.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I thought I'd clear up some things about the 5th pet slot. When my membership expired and I still had 5 pets on my account , TNT locked me out of my account until I signed up for another month, or until I transferred/abandoned one of my pets so I could re-access my account. If you choose neither, Premium will keep you locked out but it will still hang onto all five pets for 90 days. Then one will be abandoned at random after that time period. Their reasoning behind that was so other people could have a pet you apparently don't want if you take a 3 month hiatus.

I was too annoyed to take a picture of the locked out screenie. Will be reducing my slots back to 4 ASAP, and never getting premium again.

ETA, there's nothing "improved" about the SSW as far as I can tell. It works just like always. (And no, you can't sign up for $15.95/mo. to add side accounts. Just $70./yr for your main. Doesn't feel very exclusive anymore).
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy