Daily Dare 2012

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Daily Dare 2012

Post by Tom »

In case you've somehow missed the excitement and fanfare, Daily Dare has once again begun. So far, we're up to day two, and (in my opinion) we've seen two very easy AAA challenges. There seems to be something going on with some 'bugs' that are infesting the games room and something with King Roo. All very exciting stuff.

If you're having trouble with Carnival of Terror today, make sure to use 'piecrust' for more ammo or 'custard' for more health. :) You should be able to get the score pretty easily!

http://www.neopets.com/games/aaa/
Subeta: Thomas
Color Wheel

Re: Daily Dare 2012

Post by Color Wheel »

I'm really invested in the DD this year, particularly in the little mini-plot that's going a long with it. I've been collecting data about said plot on my petpage. Here's a link, if you want to see it: http://www.neopets.com/~Kochyko6457
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

It looks like the mini plot will be the Lulu special. (mostly or exclusively?)
EofS

Post by EofS »

Anyone else had this happen?

Sort of annoying really, since I was mid-game when it happened, and it made the page reload. Fortunately I wasn't particularly far in the game, if I'd been beyond the first level I'd have been very annoyed! Like yesterday, when I ignored the little purple bug sat over my game window... only to discover it was placed exactly over the final score after game over. So I knew I had something between 300 and 399, but no idea what!
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

EofS: The purple bugs are handing out items if you click on them now. You can only obtain 10 items, then all the bugs will disappear for the day. I'd suggest obtaining everything before starting a game so they don't get in your way. :)
EofS

Post by EofS »

... I didn't see a purple bug? I was just playing the game, if there had been a purple bug there I wouldn't have started the game because of the problem I had the day before.

Maybe I adblocked the image? I did try to do so to clear it from Carnival of Terror so I could see my score, but it didn't seem to be working so I assumed it was something put there to prevent me doing just that. Weird.

Edit: Nope, seems the image I blocked was indeed the bugs. Lookit the widdle standy up ones, they're adorable!
Kari

Post by Kari »

I don't know why I took the Double Dare on Super Hasee Bounce since that game is so unfair. No extra lives and utter randomness for letter/powerup placement, and the easiest way to die is by hitting yourself as you rocket around the stage.
derp
Tom

Post by Tom »

I have found all the games so far pretty easy - except Super Hasee Bounce. *_* I have thus far spent about five hours playing it and I think I'm going to go crazy. Or go to sleep. It's really frustrating me... how the Hasees go through the see-saw, the unavoidable deaths, the fact you can't unfreeze them as they hit each others. D: Ugh I am very annoyed.
Marah

Post by Marah »

I forgot to play the Gwyl game on day 6 it seems. Bummer, because I was doing so well playing all the games on opening day.
Today was easy, I love Kou jong.

It seems we will be getting a new Roo island map out of this, nice. If the art is anything like the pretty pier background I look forward to it!
Tom

Post by Tom »

At least it isn't like previous years (well, before last year) and you can still get the top trophy despite not completing on release day. :) I had to sleep before managing to complete Super Hasee Bounce (still need to do it, maybe tomorrow) and didn't have any time for Koujong yesterday. Managed to beat it today without too much trouble - got the score on the second level of hard. And ICM only took a couple of tries despite being pretty awful at it!
Marah

Post by Marah »

I don't think I will be getting the top trophy, I'm guessing you need all AAA for that. I find some of these games so boring and annoying that I'm just glad to get Abi's score and be done with it. :)

That's okay, If I just get a few pretty items every now and then it is fine with me. Which reminds me, I haven't seen anything gallery worthy yet. Come on TNT, give me something mystery island themed! :D
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Kou-Jong gets me every time. :P I'll play the first hard game through no problem, then the second one i'll just be left with impossible combos. Bleh. I didn't even get in time for a team effort, but ah well, got Abi on the day of the game.

On the other hand, Super Hasee Bounce gave me no trouble at all. Ice Cream Machine is an old favorite, won't be any problem for me, either.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Managed to beat all the the challenges. :) Super Hasee Bounce kinda came down to the wire as I've had a busy week (term finished this Friday) but managed to do it. I think it has to be the easiest year of Daily Dare, easily. The only game I really had trouble with was Super Hasee Bounce, and to a lesser extent Ghost Bopper - managed to beat it in about an hour anyway.

Just in case anyone does need to catch up, today is the last day. :)
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Marah wrote:I don't think I will be getting the top trophy, I'm guessing you need all AAA for that. I find some of these games so boring and annoying that I'm just glad to get Abi's score and be done with it. :)
Same here. I actually groaned out loud when I saw it was Daily Dare time again, as I feel compelled to get every site event trophy at Neo but I am really sick of Daily Dares. I wish they'd pick different games instead of boring ones that I hate (Super Hasee Bounce, Gwyl's Great Escape, Trouble at the National Neopian) every time. I procrastinated until I had about 14 of them to do and then powered through them in one afternoon, getting mostly Abi scores.
Marah

Post by Marah »

I liked faerie bubbles, too bad that wasn't a double dare/ team challenge.

I'm also still waiting for the point of the bugs. I thought we would be getting a slow revealing of a new map, but I guess not? It would still be noce, Roo island can use some love.