Negg Hunt 2012

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Negg Hunt 2012

Post by Jazzy »

http://www.neopets.com/neggfest/y14/index.phtml
Easter's coming up, so there's another negg hunt. Same deal as previous years, as far as I can tell: hunt for the neggs based on clues, get better prizes if you do that on the day of release. Day 1 does include today despite (I think) starting yesterday. The clues give you a general world and you'll just need to check all of the locations on that map; there's a mini negg, which you can turn into a prize using an NC item, or a larger negg which is the actual quest negg for that day (which qualifies you for the non-NC prizes). There's also a separate quest each day for ten plastic neggs for a (fairly rubbish) prize - those neggs are found in the same places for everyone.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Negg Hunt 2012

Post by AngharadTy »

Well.. if you don't play Neo, the clue might as well be in Greek. I have no idea what they want of me. Haha.
Image Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

It's a reference to the most recent Daily Dare related plot-thing. Anyone who participated in that bit of it would readily get the clue.

I found all of today's 10 extra neggs just by wandering around the Explore map links and clicking through all the links in those maps. So apparently there won't be any need to go anywhere very obscure to get them.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Quite possibly my least favourite site event. It's just so monotonous. The '10 daily negg' exercise is making it even more tedious.
Subeta: Thomas
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I just head over to the Boards and find a topic called something like 'All 10 Links Inside', click the 10 links, close down those tabs. Find another board that lists all the links where the Patterned Negg could potentially be, click them all. Then head over to the event to find that it's all finished. Takes about 1minute tops each day. For those who don't like clicking around the maps themselves!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'll admit to doing pretty much the same thing :) The negg hunt is quite tedious as a site event but usually rewards participation on the correct day...so I'm trying to keep up with it, but it's too boring to do properly!
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I sometimes click through, but i visit Sunnyneo for any that i can't find or if i end up waiting until too late at night to do a thorough search.
covet

Post by covet »

The Negg hunt appears to be advancing into a full plot, with logic puzzles and battling. At least that's what it says on the boards.

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic. ... =150827296

(while it still works)

http://images.neopets.com/neggfest/y14/ ... u8x0yu.png
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

omg battling. I really hope so! Puzzles are good, but I want a challenge; I finally have a pet with a strength boost and weapons that'll actually make a decent dent in challengers.
covet

Post by covet »

I... don't, but I can usually take out a couple of ranks!
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

ooh! Just yesterday i was itching for a new plotty-plot. I hope this does happen, that something interesting comes of it!
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Yay, I'm soooo ready for another plot.

I just hope it's good like The Faeries Ruin and not disappointing like Atlas of the Ancients.
covet

Post by covet »

Okay so the logic puzzle is up and the earlier you solve it, the better your prize. I haven't got a clue so any help appreciated.

Decide who took the clockwork negg and where to, out of this gang:

Hurok
Selvin
Rutu
Voughn
Ricky

And these locations:

Lost Desert
Shenkuu
Brightvale
Altador
Kiko Lake

Here's what we know from the journal:

Selvin is a Wizard and he refused to go to Lost Desert or Brightvale and is scared of Scamanders.

Voughn took the Cloud Negg to its destination.

Rutu wanted to go to Shenkuu - however another team member also said it was a good time for stargazing there.

The Knight of the group (name unknown) refused to transport the Clockwork Negg, but nobody else had a problem carrying it.

The Glass Negg was taken to Brightvale, where the weather is good.

-----

From the picture it looks like the travellers are

Poogle
Kau
Ixi
Quiggle
Acara

The Acara looks most like a knight, the Poogle looks like he's either a wizard or a star gazer, as he's carrying scrolls. The Kau and Ixi both appear to be from the Lost desert, so wouldn't be afraid of scamanders. The quiggle may also be the wizard - it looks like part of him is invisible.

-----

I suspect it will have something to do with letters in character's names + negg name + place name.

we can rule out Voughn as a carrier, and Brightvale as a location so:

Hurok
Selvin
Rutu
Ricky

Lost Desert
Shenkuu
Altador
Kiko Lake
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Rutu wanted to go to Shenkuu - however another team member also said it was a good time for stargazing there.
It might also be that Rutu is an astronomer and that the remark about stargazing is a some of the other travelers way of saying "yes, you should definitely go there, you'll like it."
covet

Post by covet »

From reading the boards, most people are now taking the stargazing line as meaning that in that meeting:

Rutu went to shenkuu
Another member went to Altador.

---> and this part is just my thoughts not from the boards:

Which would mean that Selvin the Wizard did not go to Altador as they were still deciding where to go in the next entry.

Which would mean that Selvin went to Kiko Lake.
Rutu went to Shenkuu.

Brightvale definitely isn't the location
Voughn definitely isn't the carrier.

If the Lost Desert carrier was decided in the first entry then it isn't the location either.

Altador and Shenkuu are both discussed before the knight refuses to carry the clockwork negg which would rule them out and leave Kiko Lake as the only possible destination.

Which would make the answer

selvin took the negg to kiko lake?

Any thoughts?

(and OT but:

"Nobody else had an issue with doing it, though, so it didn't become an issue."

This line really bugs me.)
Last edited by covet on 13 Apr 2012 03:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.