Altador Cup 2012

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Bif

Re: Altador Cup 2012

Post by Bif »

Fjorab_Teke wrote:I think you might get a chance to go up a rank, Tom. Apparently, tomorrow (and maybe today?) you can play a few more games to improve your personal rank.

I think tomorrow i'll play a bit harder, maybe try for rank 2 and help my team edge out the tie.
Oh it's tomorrow that we can play. *face palm* Ok,I am no longer confused, everyone carry on!
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Well I hit a new high today, I managed to score a point for the other team...
_neo_kami_91

Post by _neo_kami_91 »

How come I've scored 3,921 in MSN, 436 in SS, 107 in YYB, and 891 in ShSh, yet I'm still on beginner rank?
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

:-( That's weird, no idea! Have you sent in the minimum scores for each? And are those the number of times you've played? I know Slushie Slinger needs to be at least 300 points before you end the game.

Argh, the site suddenly choked. I kind-of hope it's just me and that it's not AC clogging it up.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

How come I've scored 3,921 in MSN, 436 in SS, 107 in YYB, and 891 in ShSh, yet I'm still on beginner rank?
I will let you know that I've rarely/never played YYB. I actually played 137 games of Slushie Slinger in AC III to get to level one. (Which unlocks the site theme). There's a good idea of how many non YYB games you need to play. :P
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

You can check how many times you need to play to get to the next/any rank on this page: http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/
Just click the thing on the right of 'Your Stats' (where it says your rank and shield) and you should be able to see how much more you need to play.

I managed to get rank 2, so I'm happy. :P Too much effort to go beyond that.
Subeta: Thomas
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I just played YYB for the first time and oh. my. god.

This is redonkulous. Why does the camera move? What was wrong with it staying in one place. Everything blurs together. I can't see anything. Why is everybody moving? *late to the party*

Welp. I'm done with that.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I played one game for my participant trophy. It wasn't as annoying as last year, but I still didn't feel any need to play 30-something more games for a prettier shield, as it doesn't show up on my profile anyway.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Just finished sending my 1337th YYB win.
I'm done for this year.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Were this not a public forum, I could explain just why today was always going to be one of the more difficult days of my career for the foreseeable future. I could also enumerate the actually comical number of things which went drastically wrong through the course of the day in order to make it more stressful, more difficult and at one point, threatened to make my day very, very easy indeed - because we wouldn't have been able to broadcast our programme at all. I then had the pleasure of staying at work until almost 11pm so that I could be around to enjoy a couple more gremlins in the system threaten to bugger up our late bulletin.

Suffice to say, the least fun part of my day has been forcing myself up to Rank 1 in the Altador Cup. Dear LORD is Yooyuball deeply unfun to play now. (Absurdly, I found it easier to score when playing with the keyboard. Unfortunately every other part of trying to play with the keyboard was as excruciatingly poorly designed as I remember from last year.)
_neo_kami_91

Post by _neo_kami_91 »

Fjorab_Teke wrote::-( That's weird, no idea! Have you sent in the minimum scores for each? And are those the number of times you've played?
No, those are what I've scored. Have those numbers got to be the amount of games you've played? *facepalm* I've been on the site for three year yet I'm still a newbie to the Altador Cup.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yep, it has to be the amount, a LOT of playing a LOT of tedious games. :P And yeah, i'm still practically a newbie to AC myself. I FINALLY managed to somewhat figure out how to play Yooyuball, enough to get to Rank 2, huzzah! And yeah, i gave up on trying to figure out how to play with a mouse, so i just fumble around with the keyboard. I found a few techniques worked most times, but of course it always had the potential to be foiled by a wicked ball or an opposing team member.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I just played Shootout Showdown. 2000 games of that, 67 YYB, one Slushie Slinger, and I managed to get to Rank 6. Though I was fully intending to get to All-Star ...but was out for an entire week having fun.

Maybe next year!
Image Image
ImageImage
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I actually hit rank 25 yesterday playing for Mystery Island against Meridell.

The highest rank I was ever before this was 9 for ACIV. The rest of the time I think I was a beginner.

1200 YYB games, 200 slushie slinger games, 100 Make Some Noise games, and 7500 shootout showdown. Whew!

Now I just want the results already.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Congrats Ailiel, that's some serious hardcore playing (and a lot of patience!)
Eeeee wrote:(Absurdly, I found it easier to score when playing with the keyboard. Unfortunately every other part of trying to play with the keyboard was as excruciatingly poorly designed as I remember from last year.)
I wasn't going to mention this especially after I'd banged on about the keyboard controls last year and was so glad to see the mouse back this year, but I ended up playing over 90% of my games with the keyboard as well. The mouse response was disappointing - just too sluggish and unpredictable as to which player would move (keyboard wasn't much better but I seemed to be more successful with it, often achieving 5-9 goals a game).

Mostly the first few games a day seemed to go quite well, then after 4 or 5 the flash would slow down so much it became unplayable. And trying to play an unplayable game quickly becomes a chore.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark