Games Master Challenge

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Games Master Challenge

Post by Jazzy »

It's that time of year again! This time, you have to pick Pirates (action/adventure) vs Ninjas (puzzle/logic...sort of. As if Freaky Factory isn't just action/adventure). I'll state upfront that I expect Pirates to win, but have signed up for the Ninjas; I expect that a bias towards action games will encourage proper gamers to go for Pirates thus improving their scores.
Darigan

Re: Games Master Challenge

Post by Darigan »

I picked ninjas. Big surprise.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I wanted to pick ninjas because I like the logic games, but the prize being a pirate cutlass was too much to resist considering how I have my beloved pirate lupe, Sail, on my main account.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I picked Ninja after some debate. I'll probably run around buying (extra) prizes from both, since i tend to hoard special event things and have a Peophin who should read as many books as i can think to get for him.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Ninjas ended up with three broken games today - Ugga Drop and Jumpin' Gem Heist don't load, and Switcharoo doesn't even EXIST anymore. Good job, TNT!
derp
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I picked Ninja because I thought it was going to be more puzzle-type games, and it's mostly been action games. I like some of them, though (Faerie Cloud Racers, Ice Cream Machine, and Bouncy Supreme are all okay). I'm so over all of the Games Master events, though, and have been for years now.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Yeah, I picked ninja for the puzzles too. I'm still waiting for Kou jong or something to show up. Today, however is ridiculous with all the broken games. Don't these people do test runs?

And today I hate ultimate bullseye. That game has such weird perspective and I suck at it.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I finally won Ultimate Bullseye with 51 points. And I'm surprised that the pirates got Goparokko today. It's closer to a puzzle game than anything ninjas got.

They replaced Switcharoo with Flycatcher, but the other two games were still broken, last I checked.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I agree that Ugga Drop is definitely still broken.

(I was ecstatic when I beat UB with 60 points today.)
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Seeing Switcharoo for the two game challenge was a nice blast from the past. I wish they'd bring it back.

But yeah, this might be the glitchiest GMC ever and that's saying something.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I miss switcharoo. I remember I used to get like 1000np a day from it or something.

I chose pirates for the cutlass despite preferring logic games. No regrets.

UB is my friggin' achilles heel, but I managed to hit a balloon and then the target and some other such miscellaneous successes so I got the required score before too long (phew!)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'm really not liking this years Challenges. They all seem much harder than in previous years. 50 pts oin UB? 630 on Bumble beams? My highest there was 200. I just don't feel like putting hours into these events anymore, we have so many game challenges its just overwhelming. And there is always the same games, why can't they ever mix it up a little.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Wow, Nimmo's Pond is an awful game. There's really no way to stop drifting once you start? I just sat in the middle and shot at things, which was no fun at all.

I'm not finding any of the games too hard, but I'm lucky in that the ninjas seem to have to send lower scores on some of the games than the pirates do. I just find them really tedious. Igloo Garage Sale, for example, is an extremely boring game.
Madge

Post by Madge »

You can almost stop drifting by moving against your direction of travel.

But yeah, I played a couple of games of nimmo's pond last night and didn't get to 540. I think I can get there, it'll just take osme doing.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I don't think I'm gonna do the bonus challenges for Bumble Beams/Jubble Bubble. Jubble Bubble is easy enough, but Bumble Beams is a pain. I can get the score, but I just don't want to take the time. Once was annoying enough.