New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post by Cranberry »

Yeah, that's what I've been doing, using An Icicle alone. It takes forever for the opponent's taunt + some pieces of the battle log at the bottom to load.
Fury

Post by Fury »

The lag was pretty tiresome but I've maxed out all the challengers. I love the design of the Rent-a-Brute!
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Post by RNA »

Filled up my meter already :)

Hopefully the wave progressions are slow enough so I can get Verlaufen to the next strength boost before the opponents get too hard :(
ImageImage
Madge

Post by Madge »

I maxed out all the challengers but I did it at about 1am NST so I didn't really notice any lag; there was a little bit sometimes where it wouldn't process my weapon/etc selection, but overall 8/10 would blindly click again.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah, I got on fairly late last night my time (which is two hours ahead of NST) and didn't have any lag, making it pretty easy to hit 40 wins.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I wonder if there's any bonus other than extra items for the "top bar" random challengers. I've gotten 3-4 of them so far over the course of the last few hours. Basically, they show up, you click to challenge them, and you fight the appropriate faction opponent (doesn't seem to matter which difficulty).
Bif

Post by Bif »

Fjorab_Teke wrote:I wonder if there's any bonus other than extra items for the "top bar" random challengers. I've gotten 3-4 of them so far over the course of the last few hours. Basically, they show up, you click to challenge them, and you fight the appropriate faction opponent (doesn't seem to matter which difficulty).
I haven't received any of those challenges, even though I've now almost beat each opponent 20 times (I know that this is more than required but I also battle each day to earn bottled faeries/codestones and they are the only challengers available).

If you haven't finished your battling, you may want to push through and do it soon....
Spoiler: open/close
We have some insider news! A spy accidentally told it to an opposite team's faction leader, who tipped off a friend in a rival faction who then turned and blabbed about it during their tea break over at the Mysterious Obelisk, which we then overheard. Apparently something is going to happen this Sunday. Something about 'another wave'? Maybe they are expecting a tsunami. You might want to finish up your battles before this appointed time - just in case.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Next next wave arrives on Sunday, according to the news.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

This was the first time I've used the battledome in forever. I had to transfer over a "battle pet" from one of my sides. I'm glad the first wave was easy because I don't know how many more I'll be able to manage. I was also playing at an off time and had the same experience as Madge. All around, not bad.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

The new wave is live now.

Difficulty 35-53 depending on setting, with the cap at 50 wins on the hard level. Also two new achievements.

And the Blumaroo fighting for the Sway is adorable. 8)
Fury

Post by Fury »

Yay new wave! I like the Blumaroo and the Brute Kacheek designs.
EDIT: Oh it's a Poogle. Not a Kacheek. Haaaa.

The achievements are:

1. Fill up the progress meter (50 wins on hard difficulty)
2. Complete a faction challenge (just refresh on the Obelisk page until you get a challenge, it appears at the top of the page and gives you 9 minutes or so to defeat a given enemy)

I've done my bit, there was no lag at all which was lovely!
Madge

Post by Madge »

How long do you need to refresh at the obelisk to get a challenge? I am growing impatient!!! :(
Fury

Post by Fury »

Madge wrote:How long do you need to refresh at the obelisk to get a challenge? I am growing impatient!!! :(
I saw a number of people on the boards saying that logging out and then back in helps - I did it and got a challenge within a few refreshes!
Madge

Post by Madge »

Haha, and now neopets is lagging for me. I might give it a shot in a few days when I've got time.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I can't get the first achievement (for wearing a hat while battling) because all my pets on my main account are UCs right now. I feel like this is the Neopet equivalent of first world problems.

I have done all the battles required so far though! I like getting faeries and codestones for playing - I wish the item cap was higher. Keyquest gives out soo many items, can't battlers get more too? Maybe better items for longer battles to make it more "fair"?