New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Re: New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post by Tom »

I have numerous complaints. :P Firstly, the Sway avatar makes me sigh. I don't understand why being on the winning side means you get an extra avatar. As a collector, this has definitely annoyed me. Secondly, there's a total lack of transparency over why the Sway won. Honestly, I didn't think they'd win. There's nothing that singles them out from the other factions so I'd like more detail to validate it (similar to the AC, eternal mystery of Neopia). Lastly, I can't see how it took over a month to 'balance' the prize shop when the best prizes are a Petpet already on the site, a Shadow(?!) Paint Brush and a 50% earth reflector. Hm. A few small items catch my eye but nothing to justify my 609k points... which I'd trade in a heartbeat for another avatar.
Subeta: Thomas
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I got a tad over 603k. Some nice prizes there to choose from... or maybe I'll just buy 60 Tyrannian Paint Brushes.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Bif

Post by Bif »

Ok, so seeing as this is just the "Truce" and in approximatly 6 days the truce will end I'm thinking that this is just 1 of 2 prize shops. I'm not exactly sure what happens after the truce, but I can't wait to find out!

ETA: If you were on the Sway you could choose an extra "boon" (perk), the Refreshed Quest Request boon allows you to 'refresh' a Faerie quest. So if the annoying craft faerie turns up you can use your power to get a new quest from another faerie! That's pretty cool.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I got around 610K or so. I really wish TNT would tell us the details of how the Sway came out the winners. I guess I just thought the Thieves, Brutes, or Order would have it and I feel confused about the Sway's victory for some reason.

The prize shop is pretty lame. The only things worth buying are the stamp and the book and maybe the Envy keychain and Rasala plushie.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I have 100.000 + something points, apathy and lack of time hit me earlier than it hit Fjorab :)
Tyrannia looks very pretty though!
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I received 613,227, and, because I joined The Sway, chose out the Cheaper by the Dozen Boon, which allows me to by stocks at 10 NP a share instead of 15. I'm going to wait to buy any prizes, but I must say the descriptions are fantastic. Great work, in my opinion.~
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

So do we have to choose the prizes before the truce ends, or is that just how long these "boons" last?
Bif

Post by Bif »

From the editorial:
*snazzy entrance* There is currently a countdown for another possible battle. I didn't choose a faction when the war began. Will it be possible to choose a faction when this timer counts down? ~chezadarling
Yes, players will once again be able to choose a faction once the timer winds down.
It looks like you'll be able to change factions if you wish.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I think it's only for people that did not get to chose a faction from the original event.
Bif

Post by Bif »

And so it begins again: http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/battleground/

This time you can only choose between the Thieves, the Order and the Seekers. I went with the Order again, loyalty and all that jazz.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'm a Seeker again. I still can't help that i focused on "nerdy do-gooder" pets (even my battler who i didn't use to the fullest last round, though he won't admit it) and can't shake the giggles over "seeker = quidditch."

I could have probably made a tidy profit on my prizes had i picked one of the higher-end ones - people can still fare quite well if they just want to profit off their efforts. But i chose what i'd actually use. I might buy a shovel later if it ends up being better than something i'm already carrying. Do any of you know of a trustworthy site that has the prize weapons' stats already posted?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

The IDB has been back for a while and is as trustworthy as it gets! Here's the post for the weapons. The shovel is basically crap. I actually spent most of my points on the background, paint brushes, and books.

I'm going with Thieves again.
Fury

Post by Fury »

More battling eh?

I went with the Seekers again, I still like them the most. I'm not hopeful about them being victorious as the Thieves and the Order seem much more popular but hey! I generally like to support the underdog.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Hm, I hope there's no penalty for switching teams. I'd like to stick with the Sway as much as possible, but I don't want to miss out on prizes...

Is this going to be a constant site feature now? Every month or so three of the factions battle for the obelisk/oracle? Maybe that means over time everybody will get to use the special boons for a bit.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I know this is late (and maybe I'm just slow), but I had an epiphany the other day. Death was probably meant to be Love earlier on, hence why he looks like Cupid and breaks the traditional pattern of the 7 deadly sins. I'm guessing TNT pulled out at the last minute either because of the sin of "love" more commonly being called "lust", or if it's because NEOPETS IS NOT A DATING SITE. And by that point, the art was already drawn, so they just changed his name (and possibly his colors) and called it a day. At any rate, Death's design and nature always bugged the heck out of me, and now I know why.