New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: *HINT HINT* New Plot?

Post by Seerow »

I really like these videos! They are all done really well and I haven't experienced any problems viewing them. I don't know who I want to side with if we get to. I really like the new mage guild but, come on, the Thieves guild is a classic.
Last edited by Seerow on 17 Feb 2013 09:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I'm still going for the Thieves Guild. Maybe it's because they're from an old plot and I'm feeling nostalgic, I don't know, but they feel like the choice for longtime players. I'm interested to see if we get even more factions!
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I hope there are a lot of factions.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the Red Erisim. I do love me some magic.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I'd have said I'd be all in for the Thieves Guild... after all, what could be better than a reappearance of Neopian legend (and my slightly-almost-namesake) Kanrik.

Then I saw the video for the Sway - hmm, a secret organisation coupled with a Lord Vetinari-like leader, sneaking around could be very interesting indeed.

Then the Red Erisim, magic looks like it could be fun too. I'm still more keen one of the first two though.

Loving the videos - so much beautiful artwork!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Bif

Post by Bif »

There is a new faction!
Spoiler: open/close
The Brute Squad

They are concerned with all things brute strength and battling.
IF we get to choose factions (which, come on, surely we will), then I wonder if the tasks will be different depending on who you choose (i.e. puzzles for some factions and battling for others).

Although, it has been suggested that we the users will have to fight off all four factions. Being our own "good" faction if you will.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The Brute Squad totally doesn't sound like my thing but
Spoiler: open/close

THEY HAVE A CUTE KYRII
If I had a battle pet, I'd be sold right there, but if tasks are different for different factions, I'll be much better off in another group. I also love that idea, though; different tasks for different groups.

Also, at your suggestions, I used IE to watch the new video (I generally use Opera), and it did buffer properly and even let me pause the video. So it's definitely my browser. Which stinks.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Ugh, I hope there aren't different tasks for different factions... I'd have to join the Brute Squad and I want to join the Thieves Guild. It's a neat idea, but it seems like it would be hard to balance, especially with four (or five? Still haven't seen that archaeologist-looking guy) factions. I'd hate to get stuck in the one that has to play horrible flash games... or restock... or whatever else.
Moga

Post by Moga »

It's been a while since I played Neo with any regularity, so I've missed a lot of plots. But haven't previous plot arcs allowed players to choose between fighting and support roles within the same faction? Would be nice if that was an option regardless of which faction you chose -- assuming players do get to chose and we're not, as Bif mentioned, ultimately lumped into a player-only side against NPC factions.
I spent months working on a half hour presentation. Why? Because it was fun. I'm not obsessed or anything.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Cute Kyrii is cute, but they seem like a bit of a nasty bunch. I wouldn't want to hang around with (or near) them. Though the leader's first line "Listen up, because I'm only going to say this once" did suggest he might be a closet fan of Allo Allo. Unfortunately we'll never know if he said it in a cod-French accent.

Be interesting to see what they have in mind for all this, and how much flexibility we're given in determining our part in it (whether we can choose a side, for instance, and then whether that determines our contribution). And I'm excited to see if the production values of the rest of the plot match up to these videos.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

The little voice in my head made that a French accent as well.

It is I, Leclerc!

On topic, the brutes don't seem like my choice. Which is good, because choosing between the others is going to be hard enough!
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Yeah, I'm not feeling the brutes either.

I wonder if these videos have replaced the comics.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

The fifth and probably the final group has been revealed, known as the 'Seekers'. I really don't know who to choose, it's between The Sway and the Order of the Red Erisim for me personally. I really love that power tripping Lenny of The Sway, but magic is always so sparkly!
Bif

Post by Bif »

Oh nooooo. Do I go with:

The Sway - beautiful and menacing but oozing with class
The Order of the Red Erisim - Magical and sparkly with a touch of humour
OR
The Seekers - smart and logical in their scientific methodology (which greatly appeals to me and my work)

The pain, oh the pain of having to choose.

Although I still don't understand when/where Tyrannians will come into this. That being said, I could kind of see them just rushing in and bashing it to pieces with their clubs. They never came across as overly intelligent.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Ooooh, scientists!

While I'm still tempted by the Sway, I'm pretty down with the scientific method. That'll be a hard choice.

Eeee, so excited for this plot!
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Battledome veteran trophies are available now (I got a gold), and the new ability academy is open. I have to say, I am not pleased with this. They gave me 40k as compensation for all my old, now lost, faerie abilities. Okay, that's around how much they probably cost, so fine. But now if I want drain life back -- just that one ability - I need 80 bottled faeries. And people have inflated those to 100k each. 8 mil for one ability? I also want burrow and probably a few others, so I'm going to need tons of faeries. The least they could have done is given us some new faeries as compensation for losing the old, or added faeries as battle loot, or something.