New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Goldenchaos

Re: *HINT HINT* New Plot?

Post by Goldenchaos »

Burrow is at level 100..Which I cant get. Do these work by your pets levels? Which it what it seems is the case. It kind of sucks, since now I have to train up to level..a lot in order to get anything useful
Image Image
ImageImage
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The Seekers? While it would be tempting to throw my lot in with a 1960's Australian folk-pop group I think I'll stick to either the Sway or the Kanrik Party.

And... "Ah, A Battledome Veteran! For your knowledge of faerie magic abilities, these Neopints are yours..." 2000NP. I didn't think I'd even *had* any abilities. I'd play around with the BD and the new shop but the site seems mind-numbingly slow right now.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I'm getting crazy lag all over Neopets so I'm going to ask here, did anyone else not get a Battledome Veteran Trophy at all? I got the Avatar and some Neopoints, but no trophy has appeared on my lookup despite having done over 3000 fights in the old-dome. Are there known cut-offs? I want one!
Madge

Post by Madge »

I got one of the trophies on my main, slowbro, and I think that I had a pretty pitiful battledome record. Perhaps send in a bug report?

I got 9,000np which was... nice? I guess?
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Good gods, there hasn't been lag like this on Neo for years. I can't even get to the battledome right now.

I got like 15k and a gold trophy.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Jamie wrote:I'm getting crazy lag all over Neopets so I'm going to ask here, did anyone else not get a Battledome Veteran Trophy at all? I got the Avatar and some Neopoints, but no trophy has appeared on my lookup despite having done over 3000 fights in the old-dome. Are there known cut-offs? I want one!
That can't be right, you certainly should have received a trophy. I'd send in a bug report.

I can't get onto anything at the moment in order to see what NP/trophy etc I might receive. I didn't fight A LOT in the Battledrome but I did an ok amount. I also had a lot of abilities so I'm keen to see how much NP I am up for (just for kicks). I know some people are bummed the abilities being expensive but I think the idea with this revamp was to make all the abilities better and more 'equal' (by level?) so hopefully some of the less expensive and easier to obtain abilities will actually be worth having now.
idea with this revamp was to make all the abilities better and more 'equal' (by level?) so hopefully some of the less expensive and easier to obtain abilities will actually be worth having now.
Bif

Post by Bif »

From the Neoboards:
Neoboards: The Official Neopets Team Message Board
Hello!

If you can read this then the lag has shown you mercy, if only for a moment. Huzzah!

If you attempted to collect veteran rewards soon after they launched, the current lag spike -- which is unrelated, coincidentally. It's a database issue and we're working on it! -- might have caused some rewards to go un-granted. We've coded in some extra fail-safes to prevent this from happening in the future, but if you were already affected then please check below for a solution to your particular issue:

- If you're missing all of the rewards, please visit the main Battledome page again later. As the lag subsides, your rewards will be granted. (http://www.neopets.com/dome)

- If you received one reward but are missing another, please submit a Battledome bug ticket with the information requested so we can grant you the rewards you're due!

TROPHY: First check to make sure you have wins in the old Battledome. If you do and you still didn't get the trophy, submit the ticket! Please make sure we have your username, as well as how many fights you've won in the old Battledome (so we can give you the proper trophy). You can find that stat on your user lookup.

NEOPOINTS: Check that you had learned at least one of the old abilities. (http://www.neopets.com/abilities.phtml) If you have at least one and still didn't get Neopoints, please include your username and the names of your Neopets with abilities in your ticket.

AVATAR: That was granted to everyone who had at least one win in the old BD. If you should have gotten it but didn't, please include your username and the number of wins you had in the old Battledome when you submit your ticket.

Sorry again for the trouble. We'll get your rewards granted ASAP as tickets come in and we're working to fix the issue causing the lag. (It might be a while. We'll keep you posted.)

- The Neopets Lag-Loathing Team
Also the Battledome appears to be down at the moment.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Ah, thanks Bif! I've submitted the ticket.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'm thinking Seekers (my main Peophin would approve), but my battle Eyrie is thinking Brute Squad. It's neat that i could probably imagine at least one of my pets across my accounts clamoring for each side.

For the new BD thing (yay for timing, TNT?), i got a gold trophy, the avatar, and a nice 62,000np, though i lament losing Sink and Burrow (which i used for each longer battle). I'll have to figure out the new system. And i still grumble about it not being streamlined - the main problem with the old BD - and actually worse despite (and because of) the pretty graphics.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

The awakened. Last group? Zombie neopets summoned by a dark mark in the sky. Also, the cake is a lie. Those two sisters are creepy!

As for the battledome: I got 40.000 NP and I allready hate it. I put some time and effort into getting almost all the usable abilities and I was quite happy with the ones I had. Neopets is supposed to be a fun thing, starting completely over is not fun! they should have at least given us a few of the new abilities in return. grumble. They knew a run on bottles was going to cause inflation, so 40k np is nothing compared to what we lost.

This was my first time entering that bloody new battledome and I'm not liking it so far!

I still have 7, now fading, bottled faeries. I can do something with them, right?
Eira

Post by Eira »

As much as I think zombies are kind of played out, "we heard there was cake inside the obelisk" is the best reason so far to go to war.

Marah: combine any 3 fading faeries in the cooking pot to get a random weak faerie, which can be used to get new abilities.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Marah, if you mix them at the Cooking Pot you can get the new bottled faeries :)
Faun

Post by Faun »

I've never used the battledome so I have absolutely no idea what's going on with the faeries and such. From what I've read here though, it seems like it's annoyed a lot of people. :(

This new group does nothing for me. I like zombies, but the awakened just seem kind of boring and not creepy at all. Creepy twins are kind of overdone.

I'm still not sure what group I want to pick. I like the look of the Sway and those wizard guys, but the seekers are cool too.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Yay, snarkie says that the faerie bottles are going to become much less rare:

Also, this petpage lists what many of the new abilities do. Some of them sound quite nice! I think I'll be going for Cranky, Lens Flare, Warlock's Rage, and either Rejuvenate or Drain Life (probably the latter, as I already have an LEV, although two full heals per battle would be nothing to sneeze at).
Fury

Post by Fury »

Well I got 18k, the avatar and a pretty cool gold trophy. I'm not too pleased about losing Sink and Burrow though...

Anyway from the choice of the 6 teams I'm leaning most toward The Seekers but The Brutes and The Awakened appeal to me too!