New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Iggy

Re: New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post by Iggy »

Color Wheel wrote:I know this is late (and maybe I'm just slow), but I had an epiphany the other day. Death was probably meant to be Love earlier on, hence why he looks like Cupid and breaks the traditional pattern of the 7 deadly sins. I'm guessing TNT pulled out at the last minute either because of the sin of "love" more commonly being called "lust", or if it's because NEOPETS IS NOT A DATING SITE. And by that point, the art was already drawn, so they just changed his name (and possibly his colors) and called it a day. At any rate, Death's design and nature always bugged the heck out of me, and now I know why.
I don't really see how Lust fits with the Awakened, though. Gluttony was more fitting as a deadly sloth for them anyway, due for their love for sweets/brains.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Given that they're undead, Death seems their most natural enemy - they fear a death from which they don't return.
Fury

Post by Fury »

It's time to choose a faction again!

http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/battleground/

The Sway is an option again which seems... odd? The Awakened haven't been given a chance yet which doesn't make a lot of sense.
(Edit: Or The Brutes. Just realised.)

I 'm torn between choosing a team that I think will win (Order/Sway) and choosing the team I like the most (Seekers). I don't want to miss out on the Seekers winning but I don't want to keep picking the losing team, haha. What team are you guys going for?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

The Order, I guess... I didn't participate much in the last round, although I joined Thieves again and apparently did enough for the boons (I chose the stocks one).
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Wait... there was a last round!?! Apparently I totally missed it. Someone post about these things. ;-)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

What Wings said... slackers unite?
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

We did! We talked about it starting on the last page. The Sway won the big "war," truce lasted for a week while they all got to use their boons, then we all got to choose a faction again and fight again. Thieves won that one, and we got to use our boons for a week. Now we're going into round three. :)
Bif

Post by Bif »

Bif wrote:And so it begins again: http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/battleground/

This time you can only choose between the Thieves, the Order and the Seekers. I went with the Order again, loyalty and all that jazz.
Proof that I posted about it! :P
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I remember that part -- I joined a faction -- it's the actual fighting I missed.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Wingsrising wrote:I remember that part -- I joined a faction -- it's the actual fighting I missed.
Oh, sorry Wings :(. I'll be sure to post about it this time.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I think I fought like 5 battles last round for the Seekers. I'd like to do more, but with the amount of hps my pet has it is annoying to heal every time and since the battles no longer autoheal I just stopped caring once she got down to almost no hps.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I remember that part -- I joined a faction -- it's the actual fighting I missed.
Again :) What Wings said.

Don't feel bad about it Bif, I just completely forgot to pay attention to the countdown, I'll try harder this time!
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

The fighting starts at midnight Neo time tonight and if they run it like the last one it will end Sunday night at midnight. You'll be able to fight all of the opponents on the opposing teams (no waves; they're all released at the start) as well as the regular bd opponents, if you want to ignore these guys but still do the bd daily. Then on Monday they'll announce the winners and that team will get the team avatar, site theme, and a boon of their choice which will last until the next truce ends.

I was on the winning team last time (yay Thieves!) and we didn't get np or items or anything, but I can't help feeling that they are keeping track of our scores, and maybe at the end our level of participation will mean something. I thought with the original war they were probably scoring it like the AC (where individual rewards are separate from how well your chosen team fares) and I think they might be carrying forward with that.

Or, yanno, not. But since they failed to mention the first time that there was more to your final score than hitting one's gold check, it wouldn't greatly surprise me to hear they're doing it again. I also think it's weird that the Sway are back already; I'd expected that the various skirmish winners wouldn't return until all of the teams had played in a skirmish at least once. Goes to show what I know. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

You know, having complained about managing to forget about the second round of fighting, I'm now looking at this thinking, "Wait, so now I can fight the same enemies I've already fought in a war that appeared to have already reached a logical conclusion but has started again for no readily apparent reason... why, exactly?" I mean, they had prizes and everything. Was there some sort of plot-related reason we're still fighting? (Was there a plot at all?) Or did they just tack this on to keep people busy until the AC?
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

If your team wins, you get a "boon" for a week. Last time, Thieves won and I took the boon that allowed me to buy stocks at 10NP. If your team wins, you also get an avatar and site theme. I don't know if all this will mean more later on.