New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Re: *HINT HINT* New Plot?

Post by Tom »

If anyone else here is like me - wants to follow the plot but spends barely any time on Neo... and a lot more time on Subeta, there's a ping group and board located here which are going to be pinged any time there's a new step. I'm prone to forgetting to check the site and figured there'd be a few others in a similar position who might want to join to help keep on top of things!
Subeta: Thomas
Moga

Post by Moga »

The dig site has been updated with a video. The animation style is lovely!
I spent months working on a half hour presentation. Why? Because it was fun. I'm not obsessed or anything.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Loved the video.

No one does plots like Neo.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Pretty video! Something rather different, wasn't it?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

The second video: The Sway! A secret society, with HUUGE rings to identify them. Brilliant!
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Haha. Speculation is that there will be a third group as well, but I'm not sure. Out of the current two, I think I'd go with the thieves.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

So I apparently missed the digging? Oh, well. I've basically quit Neo anyway.

The animated videos are well done, though.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

The videos are really neat, but at the same time, I'm grumbling at the difficulty of getting images for graphics from them. Probably not more difficult than the comics which often had overlaying text blurbs, but comics were higher quality.

I really like the idea of Thieves Guild vs The Sway. Though I wonder where the good guys will come in? Is the Sway a good secret society invested in the betterment of Neopia through kind deeds, generosity, and democratic principles? I sure didn't get that from the video, particularly the "informant" strung up on a wall in manacles. We do need good guys, right? So, a three way split in this war? Add the Society of Advancement through Archaeology?
Marah

Post by Marah »

I'm currently leaning towards the Sway, because that Lenny was awesome. But yeah, maybe a third group will show up. And aren't the Tyrannians going to be in it?
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Direct links for those of you who, like me, are having technical difficulties: The Thieves' Guild, The Sway, The Order, The Brute Squad, The Seekers

I barely touch Neo, but, uh... I'm excited. Please, please, please let there be puzzles!
Last edited by Foghawk on 20 Feb 2013 03:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I'm definitely thinking that there will be a third group. So far though, The Sway look the best, even though they look evil. :/
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Aaaaannnndd there's a third movie/side. (Since when do TNT update in the middle of the night?) The Order of the Red Erisim. So, now I think I'll be deciding between them and the Thieves Guild.

On another note, these movies are pretty, but I'd like them a lot more if they buffered properly and didn't hiccup all the way through.

Also, thank you, Tom, for that ping group! :D
Bif

Post by Bif »

TCStarwind wrote:Aaaaannnndd there's a third movie/side. (Since when do TNT update in the middle of the night?) The Order of the Red Erisim. So, now I think I'll be deciding between them and the Thieves Guild.

On another note, these movies are pretty, but I'd like them a lot more if they buffered properly and didn't hiccup all the way through.

Also, thank you, Tom, for that ping group! :D
I LOVE that they updated now, it's got to be prime Neo time somewhere in the world, right? It keeps the excitement going for the whole of Neo's playing population so that those on the other side of the world don't feel a day behind when they wake, they can actually be the first to see something.

I am now deciding between Red Erisim and The Sway...hmmmm, good natured, humours witches or glamorous, dangerous, power mongers?

The movies haven’t been hiccupy for me. I am watching them in Firefox.

ETA:

After going back and looking at Jellyneo's info about the teaser images released earlier in the month, I believe that there are two more factions still to come, plus, possibly, Tyrannia itself.
Spoiler: open/close
Archaeologists?
Spoiler: open/close
Image Darigan?
Marah

Post by Marah »

Ooh I thought Erisim were warlocks. I like them better if they are witches. Might have to watch the video again! This is going to be hard to choose!
Fury

Post by Fury »

For some reason my laptop can't handle playing the videos!

Ever since I cancelled Premium I haven't been playing Neo very much, just doing dailies from time to time. But if this plot has some awesome puzzles I'll just have to join in! I want another trophy even if it's a crappy one.