New Merchandise

Post anything new on Neopets here.
niklnip

New Merchandise

Post by niklnip »

So, has anyone checked that out? They're making a game that's essentially Neopets online, but without the online.... It's... Kinda dumb in my eyes :\ They could've made something like the Darkest Faerie again, but instead decided on making the site an offline thing?

They're also making a new board game which looks alright if you're into that sort of thing, and the actual items are alright. I really like the Esophager trash bin. That's really cute >w<

... Are they actually going to sell the food, or is that a joke? Is all of this a joke?

e3e
ImageImage
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: New Merchandise

Post by Wingsrising »

Given the date, I'm reasonably sure it is all a joke. :-)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

It's just Neopets April Fools' day joke :)

I think some of the ideas are rather amusing. I love the signed Hanso poster and the battle arena game!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Lab Ray Scientist Do-It-Yourself Cosmetic Surgery Kit anyone? xD

I see a hammer, a mallet, needle nosed pliers, maybe some scalpels? Definitely creepier than I would've expected Neopets to do.

Though, truth be told, I'm kinda sad it's a joke and we aren't getting a new round of plushies in stores. :?
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Some of those look like my pumpkin carving tools :3
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Neopets' April Fool's jokes have always had some kind of false-hope or alarming quality to them. This one is so low-key, but it does have that "gotcha!" of raising hopes of more merchandise after so long of not really having any.

As for "Neopets but not online," there WERE games for the DS and even longer ago little virtual Neopets world toys, way back in the day.
Runic

Post by Runic »

I think they purposely took the low-key route this year, considering what happened last year. I believe it was last year, the prank involved the labray and UCs were zapped or something? That was a pretty cold joke. D:
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, and apparently some people DID abandon their pets before they disabled the pound. They went too far with that one, i think - at least without thinking it through and making sure people could see that it was a joke (or at least not have permanent consequences).