Altador Cup 2013

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Goldenchaos

Re: Altador Cup Sign-ups Now Open!

Post by Goldenchaos »

Im trying to go All Star by just playing Shootout Showdown. That is about 530 games a day, for a total of 16000, I started late since I forgot the cup started today, Im at 706. Ill probably do some YYB too maybe.
Image Image
ImageImage
Bif

Post by Bif »

Goldenchaos wrote:Im trying to go All Star by just playing Shootout Showdown. That is about 530 games a day, for a total of 16000, I started late since I forgot the cup started today, Im at 706. Ill probably do some YYB too maybe.
Wow Goldenchaos, that's a massive effort already. From this comment I decided to have a go at Shootout Showdown. It's much easier to rack up games on this than YYB, what slows me down the most is pressing "send score", "return" and "play".

I made it to Rank One. I might try to up that a little, but we'll see how we go, YYB is incredibly boring. I wish "goals scored" counted to your rank rather than games played. That way good players are rewarded and those who don't get high scores can still work on playing lots of games to make up for their smaller scores.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

:) And you only need to score once to credit for Shootout Showdown. Which is great. YYB is too much of a time sink. So far Im on Rank 5 , going on 6
Image Image
ImageImage
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I played three games of Yooyuball and then I was so bored that I quit. Oh well, enough for a crappy little trophy. :P
Fury

Post by Fury »

Cranberry wrote:I played three games of Yooyuball and then I was so bored that I quit. Oh well, enough for a crappy little trophy. :P
Hahaha! This is how I feel unfortunately. But for some bizarre reason I'm forcing myself to play...

We've been having some nice sunny weather recently so I'm not planning on getting any further than Rank 5. I'll be Rank 2 by the end of this evening.
Gumdrops

Re: Altador Cup 2013

Post by Gumdrops »

I'm at rank 4.

I've set limits of 20 YYB and 100 ShSh games a day. That'll probably get me to like, rank 10 by the end of the tournament.

ETA: I'm bored already. I'm gonna get to rank 5 and that's that.
Bif

Post by Bif »

You can now pick your Staff Team: http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/staff/
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I played six more games and then I realized I only have nine games done total and I need 30-something to even hit rank one, so I got angry and closed the window.

I really, REALLY hate that I can't switch to my goalie whenever I want (or if I'm able, I can't get it to work). That asshole lets too many shots past.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I played a couple games, saw how many games I would need to get to Rank 1, and quit. Bored now.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I actually manged to limp over the line to Rank 2. I have got to Rank 1 (though some years I've only played 3 games of Slushie Slinger - haha!) in the past but never gone further so I reached my goal for this year. God it was boring though, I didn't do all YYB. I did a lot of Shoot Out and finished it off with Slushie Slinger, which is a game I don't mine playing, but only to a limit.

Edited for typos
Last edited by Bif on 16 Jun 2013 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Back in whatever year it was that Roo Island came second (Altador Cup II, apparently), I made it to Rank 11. 5,474 goals, 819 games. I have no idea how I had the patience for that. I got to Rank 3 the next year, then beginner, then Rank 1, then beginner for the next two years.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Rank 12! I didnt realize that as you progress more to the higher ranks you have to play MORE games. I don't think I can do 1000+ games of SS ..so Im doing a combo of YYB and that. Im about 51% to All-Star. This is going to be fun.
Image Image
ImageImage
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I got bored today and actually made it to rank one! I can't see myself going past that, though.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I tried to make it to rank one, but got bored :-P
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Bif

Post by Bif »

You can now change your Staff Team for next week: http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/staff/

Jellyneo has a guide on all the stats from last week: http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=al ... afftourney