Daily Dare

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Daily Dare

Post by Jazzy »

New Daily Dare is out! I think today is Day 1 and tomorrow will be Day 2 but I'm not certain of that (I'm not sure whether Day 1 was released on the 29th or 30th UK time and Day 1 usually lasts two days).

I am struggling with the very first game...
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Daily Dare

Post by Seerow »

What horrible timing, with both Subeta and now Neopets doing an intense game event.
Though I'd like to think I would work hard and beat fakeAAA, I know I will just end up challenging Abigail each day and leave it at that. I'm horrible at most Neo games and it was a struggle to get to 200pts in the Jolly Jugglers game. The prize for beating fakeAAA is really nice though and I'll have to pick one up later.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I decided to just challenge Abigail today. I probably could get the score for Magma Blaster, but I don't want to. The prizes aren't great anyway, so whatevs.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Hate this game, and it does frustrate me when they pick games which are so much more difficult on a laptop. Mine has no numpad function for some ridiculous reason, so I'm stuck using the numbers along the top. Which is unideal when you need 6 numbers and only have 5 fingers.

Still, once I figured out that it's accuracy that matters for points, not speed, I managed to improve upon my previous high score of 178 and did beat Abi with a fairly respectable 384. Tip: persevere with the first level, whilst you only have two rock types and only ten to hit, until you can get a perfect 40 to get into the bonus level.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Getting 815 was doable, but there ain't no way I'm gonna frustrate myself trying to get 1500 on Jubble Bubble. I guess AAA ain't getting that message sent to him.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Normally I'm alright at Jubble Bubble (my high score is over the AAA score) but I was running a virus scan for most of last night and I was happy just to make it over Abi's score...so much stuttering!
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I feel like they're making me play some of these games for too long. I hate that Attack of the Revenge one! I haven't beaten Chadley at anything yet, but I'm hoping one of the games I actually really like shows up at some point.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I found the one today quite interesting, the strategy game...but I've already forgotten its name, so I'm not sure I'll be going back to it! I wish Daily Dare challenges were each two days long rather than one - I might have time to try for beating the higher score on some of them, like today's.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Having achieved Abi's score on the second level, I thought I'd just see what I could do on the third. I couldn't kill both scorchios (they were marking the eyrie, so I knew it was a kamikaze mission to kill the first) so didn't have much hope... and then had enough that I had beaten Chadley! I wasn't too far off AAA, might have another go tomorrow if that's an option.

I sort of enjoyed it, but I'd also never heard of it before.

The tactics I picked up from the Boards are:
1) Use 1 xweetok to take out their gelert. Your xweetok won't survive this mission.
2) Use your gelert to take out their skeith.
3) Defeat any minions remaining (who you haven't killed in the process of steps 1 and 2)
4) Use your remaining xweetok to take out the scorchios (if you used both for step 1 then you'll just have to skip this and lose some points)
5) Kill the eyrie with whatever's handy

I restarted a few times until I got step 1 and 2 right on the first level, but obviously on later ones I just improvised.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

http://www.neocodex.us/forum/topic/1119 ... phy-guide/

I used this forum post to beat Abigail's score. Be aware that once you get past 4000, don't press end game. It'll end it without letting you send the score. I think you actually need to win the whole thing or lose on the third level to let you send it
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Thanks for that guide. It helped me beat Chadley and AAA.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Ugh, Maths Nightmare? Why are they picking horrible games? I would have loved Faerie Bubbles or even Faerie Cloud Racers.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I found Math's Nightmare to be easy. If you play division and potato counter you only need to get 1300 to get Chadley's score because potato counter doubles the score.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I can't stand Faerie Bubbles or Faerie Cloud Racers and they're used basically every Daily Dare, so I'm personally quite glad to see Maths Nightmare!
EofS

Post by EofS »

Yay, definitely happy with Maths Nightmare today. My high score was well above AAA's even, and on my 4th attempt I set myself a new high score. (First time I've managed to beat AAA.)

I was just about to fall ever so slightly short of AAA again when I realised I could use the letimiyasleep cheat code in between levels. (I could see my clock was going to go off just a couple of seconds into level 12, so I used the code and bought myself lots of time.)

Definitely seconding doing it on division and potato counter. It's a lot easier if you have a numpad, but it's doable on a laptop (which is what I have). I suggest positioning your fingers on 2-3-4-5 - then you can quickly move the little finger to one or index finger to 6. Your mouse/touchpad hand will have to handle 8 and 0. (And delete when you typo or your brain just doesn't work!)

The other thing that helped was learning that the bubbles always come up in the same pattern. Once you learn that (and it's straightforward, it just goes up then down then up then down, working right to left) then you can get your cursor in position early.

Also, how cute at the Abi prize and day&date prize today?