Neopets App

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jamie

Neopets App

Post by Jamie »

Looks like neopets is making a mobile app! There's a poll in the link below for us to vote on the name of the new app. There's also a 30second video which tells us a little bit of what the app can do. I'm pretty excited! It'd be nice to quickly be able to do dailies without having to be home!

http://www.neopets.com/comps/mobilename.phtml
Madge

Re: Neopets App

Post by Madge »

I'm very interested in this. If I could zap my pets and play my stocks on my mobile I might spend more time on neopets.

I can't see the video (at work), does anyone want to give me a quick little run down???
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Opening: "Neopets is coming to mobile! (Finally...)"

You can:
- "check in on your pets" (scroll thru your pets' images apparently, "feed" option, see HP, hunger and mood)
- on the screen above, when paused, you can see a small new NM notification logo which is cool, plus your NP on hand (snarkie has 3.2m on hand)
-"Play games and earn NP" (meerca chase + whack-a-kass shown)
-"Do dailies and earn prizes" (fruit machine + wheels shown)
-"and other stuff like: Neoboards, Neomail, News, More things that start with N"

and it ends encouraging you to vote for a name for this app.

Neopets mobile all the way. Also I want a disguised-name option like "tax calculator" or something equally boring so no-one borrows my phone and sees this.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Oh my gosh. You guys. I have resisted getting a smart phone (well, have not found it worth the price) for years.

I'm pretty sure a decent Neopets mobile app would swing me towards the smart phone crowd. I've been debating for a while now, and this might tip the scales.

I always look at mobile games and can't fathom why people play them. Sure, they are kinda fun, but I'd rather be playing Neopets games and at least earning points there. I'd be perfectly fine with wasting time on Neopets on a phone that I wouldn't let myself do with pretty much any other game.

I want to know about the OS support. Because I don't think I could deal with an iPhone, even if the app were amazing.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

'Neopets Mobile' seems like the obvious choice to me - but then this was what the previous incarnation was called (the one that spawned Lutari Island), wasn't it? Presumably there aren't any legal issues stopping them from using the name again.

The only smartphone I've got is my work phone - I can't imagine I'll be putting a Neo app on that unless it's *very* well camouflaged :-P
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Madge

Post by Madge »

Thanks Lark, you're a peach!

I agree on the camoflage option but I think there are apps you can download to hide apps if we want to get recursive?
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I went with Neopets Go! (especially because that would provide a distinction between this and the Lutari Island thing), but Neopets Mobile sounds fine as well. Neopets on-the-go sounds a bit clunky, but that's just me.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

After years of noncompliance and refusing to use a cell phone that even had texting, this year I decided to get a shiny Samsung Galaxy IV, the latest and greatest in everything. I fucking love this thing. If I could play Neopets on it I would never open my laptop again, probably.