Altador Cup 2015

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Kantark

Altador Cup 2015

Post by Kantark »

According to the last couple of days' New Features posts it looks like the Altador Cup 2015 is a thing that is actually going to happen, with signups starting in about 8 days. I'll admit I'm surprised and a little pensive about how it's going to pan out, but fair play to JS - if they can get this working then it looks like they're really (finally) finding their feet.

So... who's in, and who for?

I'll be Shenkuu no doubt because 'Shenkuu till I die!!! (or get bored)' seems to be my AC motto.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Altador Cup 2015

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'm in, though I'll be mostly preoccupied by a trip home (from CA to TN). Meridell for me, as I have been for several years (blue and gold and red).
Last edited by Fjorab_Teke on 06 Jun 2015 05:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I always played for Krawk Island but who knows if I'll do anything. I'll probably play a couple of games, I guess, so I can get a trophy or whatever for my lookup again?
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Not sure if I'll go Haunted Woods this year or not. Last year I did Meridell simply because I liked Ethel's character so much, but maybe this year I'll do something different and go Altador or something.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I'll be back with Haunted Woods again this year. Though, I'll probably only play a game or too. This really should be an every other year thing.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Shenkuu again. I've played my one game to get credit for participating (learned that the hard way one year, curse my missing trophy), don't know if I'll do more.
derp
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I'm missing a trophy, too... signed up and completely forgot to play a game. I hate that!

I always go with Roo Island.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

It's not quite right that they're using all the old staff members for the Staff Tournament...
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Do we know if there are staff members on the tourney that have been let go?

I recognized a few, but I also know that there are many missing, so I assumed that it was just the few members of the team that were still with the company. There are about 6 that I recognize (and there could be more that I'm just less familiar with, because I've been giving the Altador Cup so little attention the past 5 years or so).

Snarkie, for instance, has always been a favorite of mine. Was really depressing to see her absent from the Goalie list and basically affirm she's no longer with the company. :/
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

According to the NTWF, DJ Skellington & Breik were laid off at some indeterminate point over the last month (so, before the Staff Tournament). Droplet, NT Editor for the last 10 years, was made redundant last week - only 3 or 4 weeks after returning from maternity leave. There may or may not be changes in the next round but it'll be interesting to see what scores the absent staff members submit. And what happens to the NT in the future.

The player Dark Lord is believed to be JumpStart's CEO, David Lord. HipHop Queen is thought to be Taylor Lord, the JS Community Manager.

----

I've played 5 games so far, don't really feel minded to do more right now.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Kari

Post by Kari »

Are the staff tournament prizes always weird trashy things?
derp
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Hm, I agree this year's staff tournament prizes are a bit blah.

At least this week's NT says DJ Skellington is still around.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Prizes are out!

... Faerie Eyrie Morphing Potion? Acara Rebel Sunglasses? Kiko Altador Heroine Bracelet?

Do these seem like oddly niche prizes to anyone else? I'm kinda hoping they are different for other people, a rotating selection of otherwise hard to get items. Otherwise this shows a bafflingly poor understanding of the Neopian economy.

I didn't play a single game, but I did redeem my free Dyeworks Potion! Woohoo NC Mall goodies designed to encourage me to buy more NC mall goodies!

I also stopped playing the Staff Tournament after reading Kantark's post. That just felt scummy.