Trudy's Surprise! A new daily

Post anything new on Neopets here.
storymakerechidna

Re: Trudy's Surprise! A new daily

Post by storymakerechidna »

I'm really mystified as how this could possibly make sense with regards to the Neopian economy, and it's really weird to make way more NP from this daily than I do from games, but on the other hand, I'm so hilariously bad at making NP that it's hard to not be pleased. I still hope they don't keep it around TOO long, though.

Oh, and yeah, the artwork is really nice, every bit as good as I'd expect from pre-JS Neopets.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I finally managed to remember to do this every day for long enough to get the 100k, woohoo. Now I can go back to being forgetful.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

You know, it keeps resetting so you can keep getting the 100k; it's not a one-off...
EofS

Post by EofS »

I know. This is just the first time I've managed to remember to do it every day for long enough to get that far. I've been close a few times and then missed a day by accident.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Does anyone else get a glitch every so often where it doesn't show up 24 hours after last visiting it, then if you go to the direct link the winnings are reset? It's happened to me twice now.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Yes. I got it once today. The site was loading crazy slow, and it never appeared. Luckily it never happened on the 100K day mark.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

If you guys haven't heard, Trudy's has moved to a specific page: http://www.neopets.com/trudys_surprise.phtml. Which is pretty annoying, as you now have to remember to visit that page in order to get your reward.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I'm glad. I hated that thing popping up on all my accounts (it wouldn't work on a couple of browsers so it was just this huge block in my way).
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I think they heard you, Color Wheel. This morning I had an Event Notification telling me Trudy was ready for me. I agree with Cranberry, the big spinny thing was on the obnoxious side, but having the steady reminder is kinda nice too!

I'm still curious as to why they've gone the IN YOUR FACE daily approach with this one, versus all of the other dailies that require our own efforts to remember as players.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I got the notification too. Glad to see they fixed that - I don't want yet another thing that I need to remember to do, especially when it's a cumulative daily.

And I think they give the notifications because the idea of Trudy is that it's a reward for coming back to the site each day, hence why it accumulates. If you have to remember to click on it, you're not really being rewarded for just logging on.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I actually really dislike the notification. I don't go on Neo much at all other than to do dailys and since there isn't a delete button right there, I can't be bothered to click on it then delete it. If someone ever does try to contact me on there (usually to adopt a pet heh) I won't ever see it.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

It's weird to be collecting so much money each day when there's so little to actually spend it on. I hope the rumour in the Editorial about new Battledome content comes to something.