New Game, and possibly new Neopet??

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Illuen

New Game, and possibly new Neopet??

Post by Illuen »

So TNT has put a new card game up, which is confusing the hell out of me, but I somehow won by one point so yay!

http://www.neopets.com/games/godori/index.phtml

One thing of interest though; It organizes things by world/type, and each world, but Shenkuu, has a petpet. Shenkuu has a Neopet card instead,
http://images.neopets.com/games/godori/jank.gif

Which is, of course, a petpet, the Tomamu.

Now what I am thinking, since I am a conspiricy theorist, is that perhaps this pet will be the new krawk type pet. If it was only classified as a neopet in one place, I'd think it a mistake, but it's in multiple places, so I'm not too sure..
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

They're called neopet cards because of the little red ball with the fugly neopets star in the middle.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

And yet, that still doesn't explain why A) they chose that image as a neopet card, when no other neopet cards had a petpet on them and B) Why it wasn't put as a petpet, which seems the prudent thing to do in the situation.
Amaranthiine

Post by Amaranthiine »

Was the krawk originally an ordinary petpet? If there were other Neopets on there, I'd say you were right, but I dunno that the Tomamu is going to be elevated to Krawk status.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Amaranthiine wrote:Was the krawk originally an ordinary petpet? If there were other Neopets on there, I'd say you were right, but I dunno that the Tomamu is going to be elevated to Krawk status.
I'm pretty sure it was, Amarathiine, for at least a month or two first, although I wasn't a member at the time, so don't quote me.

The only thing that gave me pause is there is a grarrl on the HW neopet card as well.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

If I remeber right, it was a petpet for awhile before they made it where you could make it a neopet. It was quiet awhile ago so its hard for me to remeber but I'm pretty sure it was.
Now for this its hard to tell. It could but I wouldn't say yes or no yet. I remeber TNT saying that they wouldn't make another neopet like the Krawk where it's a petpet you could make into a neopet. But neopets have gone back on what they said before.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

"jank.gif" ... *double-checks, gigglefits*

Ahem...well, I don't know. They've made minor mistakes like that in games and suchlike before too. I wonder if they've noticed. It's still in beta testing phase, so they may not have all the kinks worked out.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Well there's not really any sense in not buying one just in case. They're under 3k and the price will skyrocket if it actually does become like the krawk.

I have a problem with investments like that though in that I can never bring myself to sell them. I've had a cyodrake sitting in my SDB since the day after they were retired when I bought it for 100k.
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

*buys 3*

Stuff it, they're pretty anyways and I hadn't realised how cheap they are...
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I won by one point, despite not having ANY idea what I was doing... weird game.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I'm not a beta tester but I think 1.we have enough species already TNT, tyvm and 2. the tomamu is ugly
Madge

Post by Madge »

The krawk petpet was released along with Tyrannia (or shortly afterwards, anyway) and was around for a period of time before Krawk Island was released.

I personally don't think TNT would be overly keen on having another petpet into neopet, because it would take away from the Krawk's uniqueness.

Probably someone making a mistake. Those damn idiots!
sureq

Post by sureq »

The tomamu has a fairly low rarity index, so if in the small chance it does end up possible to turn it into a pet, it wont be in the same "league" as draiks or krawks. (Unless the rarity index is changed).

I bought one anyway ;) You never know.
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

Yeah the krawk petpet was around for a year or two before they made the neopet version, which seemed REALLY random at the time.
Elfwoman99

Post by Elfwoman99 »

But three of the other Neopets Cards show the globe, a tree, and Coltzan's Shrine. None of those could possibly become pets (well.. the tree would be a fairly lame pet) so personally I doubt the Tomamu card has much significance.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage