Editorial Time!-split 2/16/09

Post anything new on Neopets here.
ulyyf

Editorial Time!-split 2/16/09

Post by ulyyf »

(And I do hope I'm not hopelessly dating myself by posting it :oops:)
Is it against the rules to make a pet page and say it's Jelly World? It has a giant jelly and everything. I know there is no Jelly World. Please clear this up for me!!! ~cena17325

Attempting to make a pet page that tricks people into believing it is an official Neopets.com page and not a user-created page is not allowed, even if it is some place that doesn't exist.

Help! I can never find the "Lab Jellies" game on Neopets and it's one of my fav's. How do I find it? Thanks :D ~rosemoon209

Lab Jellies? We're afraid you must have just dreamt that game up. You should learn from cenal7325 and come to understand that there simply is no Jelly World, nor odd jelly-related games.
I get so tired of this "No Jelly World" nonsense. As for RoseMoon, would it have been so hard to say "You can use the search tool in the yellow bar and see for yourself that it (wink wink) doesn't exist!"? Seriously.
I was wondering if there's a way to increase the Petpet level, like through training or something like the way you can with Neopets?? Thanks. ~emmatook

Well done on being a caring owner and treating each of your Neopets nicely! ^_^ As far as leveling Petpets, it can be a risky adventure, since the current ways of increasing their levels are by either visiting the Turmaculus or winning 10 rounds in the Petpet Battledome (located on the Darigan Citadel).
Hmm... why doesn't the petpet lab ray increase level? That'd be cool. (It'd also be cool if petpets helped out more in the battledome, if petpet levels did more, if agility and faerie abilities and all did more.... nevermind.)
Would you PLEASE be so kind as to explain why I can't use the plural of the word "alien" on my pet page? Remember that Aishas are aliens, too! Did I mention that I love you guys? ~schoolgirl31782

o_O! We tested it out, and indeed an angry brown Meerca informed us that a word as rude as "aliens" was not allowed. We backed away slowly and went to go solve the problem, and after many funny misadventures, we have successfully removed it from the filter. We don't know why it was in there in the first place, so we'll just blame... *flips a coin* Meepits.

This disturbs me greatly. How many pointless words are on that filter, anyway? Does this explain why I can't use "wabe" in any of the spelling games?

I'm also filled with questions as to how the filter works, and if they can see what words aren't allowed without having to test it out manually.
We also want to take a not-so-brief moment to mention your AMAZING DEMONSTRATION of question asking! (That wasn't sarcastic.) Far too often we're stuck trying to figure out horribly vague questions. For example, things like this are fairly common: "I was reading this old story about a Neopet, and halfway through the story it cuts off! I think it's a glitch!! Could you fix it?" (Usually with more chat speak, but you get the point.) You told us exactly where to look to find the image you referenced and that makes going through the Editorial questions MUCH easier. Thankyouthankyouthankyou for being specific! :D
Awwwwww. Vague questions. I know how that is. I just want to hug both of them, and I also am not being sarcastic.
I have recently noticed many restockers get iced. When restocking if you have JavaScript disabled is that considered cheating? ~zlqqlz

Yes, disabling JavaScript or images while restocking is considered giving yourself an unfair advantage over other players, and is not allowed. Even though it's a browser function and not a 3rd party cheat, it's still not allowed. Just like opening 100 window tabs and hitting "refresh all" trying to get Random Events will get you frozen faster than you can say, "Geraptiku" (or figure out how to pronounce it; one or the other). Don't get paranoid, though! If you don't know if you disabled JavaScript, you most likely haven't. This question probably doesn't apply to 99.87% of you, so don't fret about it if you have no idea what we're blithering about here.
Really? Disabling Javascript gives you an advantage in restocking? I did not know that.

All in all, a standard-fare editorial. They've gotten a lot less unintentionally humorous since they changed, uh, editors. Ages ago. So I might be the only one still in the habit of reading-to-mock now that it's so much less mockable.

(Most recent editorial is here:

CLICKY!
Last edited by ulyyf on 17 Feb 2007 07:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Independent thought, independent dreams, independent lives. It's a thing worth dying for.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Hmm... why doesn't the petpet lab ray increase level?
It does- and decrease it too. But petpet levels are essentially pointless, so it doesn't really matter to me.
Neopets wishlists: here
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I found the fish pop-manufacturing guide amusing, I guess I'm probably the only one :D
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Re: Editorial Time!

Post by zebru »

ulyyf wrote: (It'd also be cool if petpets helped out more in the battledome, if petpet levels did more, if agility and faerie abilities and all did more.... nevermind.)
I usually don't do 2 player battles but in my quest to find out where on the site one can see defended pose of their pet (if anyone knows I'd be forever grateful btw) I used the quickfight option and battled with a random user. During one battle sequence my opponents petpet hovered over the pet during the attack (it was faerie raindorf over the faerie moehog - lovely match). Is that new or it's been like that all the time? I haven't done enough 2 player fights to know.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

It's done that for some years. They were able to be used like a battle stance to increase the percentage of damage done to your opponent, but not to yourself. I can't remember the exact amount, but last I heard it was disabled so they do nothing again. Apparently it never worked outside of two-player battles anyway. What do you mean where can you see the defensive pose? Either use Petpet Central or use the defend option in battle without taking more damage than your opponent. Otherwise, you'll just see the hit pose.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Kantark wrote:I found the fish pop-manufacturing guide amusing, I guess I'm probably the only one :D
I want to know what the 4 meepits were for...

I didnt find this weeks editorial that good... Seen better... Sometimes I just wonder why do they answer pointless questions?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I keep asking when they'll release the bori trans. As far as I can tell, it doesn't exist as the only mutant boris I've seen have come directly from the lab. I thought they had released it when they slowly began to release all the new items from September onwards.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Oh oh, thank you! I miss these threads back in the day of Sam. I'm pretty sure get what I mean by that.

You know, on the subject of doing things with petpets, I just wish we had a lot more interactivie things with the little guys. Things that count over time.
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
ulyyf

Post by ulyyf »

I found the fish pop-manufacturing guide amusing, I guess I'm probably the only one
I found it really funny too, and wondered about the meepits as well. But it was too long to quote, and not at all mockable.

I think they answer pointless questions because they're bored. Or because they can. Whichever.

And I wish petpets were more useful in other ways, too.
Independent thought, independent dreams, independent lives. It's a thing worth dying for.
Zap

Post by Zap »

Heh, we haven't had an editorial post in ages.

Keep posting! I never check it if it's not mentioned.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I've missed it being posted here, but I'm always too lazy to do anything about it.
Image Image Image
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Huggles wrote:What do you mean where can you see the defensive pose? Either use Petpet Central or use the defend option in battle without taking more damage than your opponent. Otherwise, you'll just see the hit pose.
Nope, when I use defend as the attack and make more damage than my opponent I see close attack pose (before and after the attack). I've never seen defended pose in battledome and I tried every type of attack.

(of course I know how it looks like, it annoys me I can't see it in use anywhere on neopets)
Last edited by zebru on 21 Jan 2007 02:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Madge

Post by Madge »

I believe you use the defended pose in quickfights somewhere? I don't do 2-player anymore, but when I did I remember there being a point in which you could see the defended pose.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Actually, I think zebru's right. I did the same damage as my opponent, less, and more and didn't see it; the pose which comes up in quickfight is Angry (in "<petname> is looking around for...") and the first pose in the fight is Close Range attack. Weird- I'm sure I've seen Defended somewhere. Maybe some of the games?
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I missed the editorial threads :)

On the game center page for Lab Jellies it shows the Neopia Central icon so it should be a Central game, not a Jelly World game. And at least the Jelly World games are accessible from the Jelly World page, while this isn't, you need to add it to your favourites or always take the long way round over your highscores list if you want to play. It's just stupid. Stupid!

The disabling images thing makes me wonder though :/ Obviously, the page will load faster if you don't display them at all, but that would mean you also don't see the search picture in the next step. Though, Opera has a function that lets it set you to load images from cache and not refresh them, too, when you reload a page. So you don't have to download all sidebar images, the shopkeeper and all that stuff again when you're refreshing again and again in a shop. I don't see why this has to be a problem, after all it reduces unnecessary trafic on their servers *shrugs*
LΟL