Scorchio Day stuff! Ew.

Post anything new on Neopets here.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

One of my lab rats is currently a Scorchio, with a zapped Ghost Slorg, the only colours of them I like are the more modern ones, Desert, Tyrannian, Maraquan and Darigan. If he turns any other Scorchio colour I will have to keep zapping unless on Scorchio day they make something wonderful.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:...just a random thought, but how long has it been since that artists-on-strike day? I don't suppose a year?
No, that was in July. The artists weren't on strike, they were at Comic Con, which is also in July this year.

And, the images were really obviously intended to be bad. :-)
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

My first thought was that maybe these images were for a previous Scorchio day or something? But the fact there's a Shenkuu-themed shopkeeper wrecks that theory. All my stuff was in there.

Damn, I forgot how much I like Scorchios.

So, I'm going to settle with 'They cannot be serious.' I highly bet they're just screwing with all the sites that get their update shenanigans before they release them.

At least that's what I tell myself so I can sleep at night.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

The style doesnt look familiar... Maybe its a new artist?
Nothing To See Here
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Ew! They released the caption!

I entered a very tongue-in-cheek caption aling the lines of: 'Scorchio: Yes I know the catapult is an old invention, so is shading, but I don't see much here' I thought it was good at the time, but I think TNT might throw a fit and freeze me. :oops:
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

And this is exactly why I pretty much quit neo for subeta.

When I clicked, I actually thought that I had somehow gotten to 2001 news.

Nuff said.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I'd just like to let all fans of this exquisite piece of artwork know that although unannounced, it was released with the other three. TNT may be ashamed of it, but I'll proudly hire "Splattered on a windshield scorchio" for my shopkeeper anytime! 8)
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
NeoKuwagata

Post by NeoKuwagata »

Wow, the site's quality sure has taken a STEEEP nosedive in the last 12 months. Did they fire half of their artists or somethng? That would explain the lapse in both quality and quantity of new content.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

zebru wrote:Image

I'd just like to let all fans of this exquisite piece of artwork know that although unannounced, it was released with the other three.
Ugh. I showed that to my Mutant Scorchy and it made her cry :P

To counteract (a little) all the negativity we're all feeling over this year's Scorchio Day I'd just like to say that I thought the front page image was actually quite good (even if the Scorchy looked seriously, uh, relaxed)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark