Scorchio Day stuff! Ew.

Post anything new on Neopets here.
adi_gallia

Scorchio Day stuff! Ew.

Post by adi_gallia »

ImageImage
ImageImage

Ew, just Ew. I just don't know where to start complaning about all this junk.

The caption looks like it should have been released in about 2001, when Neopets had that crappy art work.

The Shopkeepers look so...ugly an not bery Scorchio like, all poorly done and the Faerie one looks so dull! Ew, bad. I hope these are jokes to catch out websites, like JellyNeo, which I found these on.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

God, that is awful. D: I like scorchios, they deserve better than this. :|

This is almost as bad as when "the artists went on vacation." Ick.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Bloomin' 'eck, now there's some seriously odd artwork. Poor Scorchies - cue another year of neglect for one of Neopia's bedrock species. :/
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I don't think I ever seen a single batch of shopkeepers that sucks so uniformly. I find this one particularly hilarious:

I might even end up using it for a while just for a laugh. Though I seriously hope the same artist won't be involved in any redraws.
Last edited by zebru on 16 Mar 2007 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

...just a random thought, but how long has it been since that artists-on-strike day? I don't suppose a year?

These have got to be a joke, else my faith in TNT will be sorely stretched.

I mean, we know TNT's artists are better than this now. We have pets that, though they may not be totally plausible (gold bracelets) are completely beautiful to look at, and it seems impossible that the same artists responsible for that quite complex artwork would have such trouble drawing a pet that's been available to hatch for many years now. I mean, even I can draw Scorchios that look more natural than that, and I'm the world's worst artist.
Last edited by Rainbow Daydreamer on 08 Mar 2007 01:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Slugawoo wrote:God, that is awful. D: I like scorchios, they deserve better than this. :|

This is almost as bad as when "the artists went on vacation." Ick.
Yeah, the caption contest especially is so bad, it's like 'Who let the new artists do the Scorchio day stuff?'

Fire whoever did this.

It was much less than a year ago, this time last year I didn't know most of my proper neofriends and I had known them for quite a while when that strike day happened, it wasn't a strike either, it was a holiday.

Then again the artists going away was mentioned recently in the Editorial, maybe they are doing it again.
Last edited by adi_gallia on 08 Mar 2007 01:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rainbow Daydreamer

PS: What is that last shopkeeper meant to be doing, anyway?
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:PS: What is that last shopkeeper meant to be doing, anyway?
I have no idea, it's so flat looking, maybe it died after seeing the art of the other things in this post.
Rainbow Daydreamer

adi_gallia wrote:
Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:PS: What is that last shopkeeper meant to be doing, anyway?
I have no idea, it's so flat looking, maybe it died after seeing the art of the other things in this post.
Not likely, given that it looks as though it died with a smile on its face.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:Not likely, given that it looks as though it died with a smile on its face.
Haha yeah! I honestly couldn't say, I hope this is a joke, shopkeepers often look better than the pets, I would rather see a normmal Scorchio than these in my shop.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I think that mutant scorchio shopkeeper was flying along a road and splattered againest a windshield. But wait, there's no cars in Neopia. Fine, it splattered againest a window then. **shifty eyes**

Oh and I agree, this art is very blah. The scorchios need and update as it is and this for their day isn't helping. I'm not a scorchio fan but I feel bad for the poor things. **pats a random scorchio**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Madge

Post by Madge »

I'm sure it's like the whole advent calendar on Donna's birthday being lame thing.

They know I'm born on scorchio day, and thus have decided to play a funny joke by making us think it's going to be anything less than awesome. There are going to be banners that shout HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADGE and I am going to wake up to have an account full of neopoints.

Okay, I can dream.

Seriously, these images suck. I am so glad I don't own a scorchio. SO GLAD.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I think the last one is some sort of space janitor. Or trucker. I dunno. I suppose this means no revamp this year either? I guess we should be grateful if that's what they'd end up like.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Wow, the caption contest art is like...not shaded. Or at least, very little. It looks so flat.

The shopkeepers are flat, and the last one I had to stare at for a few minutes to figure out what the hell it was.

BLECH.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Scorchios: Now morbidly obese
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image