New Game: Shenkuu Warrior

Post anything new on Neopets here.
rebelheart

New Game: Shenkuu Warrior

Post by rebelheart »

http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=786

Does anyone have the slightest idea how that game is supposed to work? I keep clicking at random places but she just shoots high above and @_@ it's really weird
LΟL
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I think it's fun, even though I suck at it xD

you have to wait until you're LOWER than the platform you're going for, then aim for it. Sometimes it doesn't aim well so you have to play with it

I'm getting the hang of it now, I rather like it xD
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I got to level two. You only really have to aim in the direction of the ledge rather than actually clicking on the ledge. I can't work out why she doesn't always hit the ledges, though, other than that the angle is sometimes too great. Luckily I've long given up on expecting to find a new flash game really thrilling so I'm not disappointed that I don't enjoy it.

But I wish the emphasis wasn't so much on games- most of the new content centres on games, not pets. If 2005 was a great year for new pets and revamps, and 2006 was a year for plots, then apparently 2007 is the year of the flash game. I didn't start playing Neo for the flash games, I haven't continued playing Neo for the flash games, and frankly I wish they'd stop churning out more games and start with the pet revamps and new colours. Or even new avatars. Anything but more flash game content.
Neopets wishlists: here
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I agree 100%, Daisy ,so I won't bother to quote anything xD I guess we'll see if this keeps up...
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

My highest score for this game is 13.

I end up just clicking 900 times everywhere after I'm off the ground.
I DON'T GET IT.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Wow, this is confusing. There's a little meter at the bottom that shows the angle you're shooting at. The angle isn't from the meter, though, it's from the Ogrin girl. Really, it's better to just take note of her position. I keep trying to aim from her, not the thing at the bottom. Either that, or focus completely on the meter and forget it's the angle from her perspective, not mine.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Is it an Ogrin? I thought it was a very lean Gnorbu based on the snout.

I haven't tried this game yet, but I'm sure I'll have trouble with it, too. :P

EDIT: ...Yeah, I think something's wonky with that meter. Even if I aim at a rock, the grappling hook seems to just fly off randomly.

*reads above post* Aaaannd that would be why. :oops:
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Yeah, to try to make it easier, and probably confuse more people, I'll put it in an example. If your little Ogrin/Gnorbu girl thingy is on the left side, with a cliff almost exactly even with her shoulder, and you aim perfectly at the rock, you'll shoot towards the character's left, at the same angle you shot the rock at. You want to aim up and to the right a tiny bit, so that she shoots perfectly at the rock.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I assumed it was a gnorbu as well; she lacks the little ogrin tufts on top of her head to be one.

I must be crazy, because I'm in love with this stupid gnorbu-princess-wannabe-warrior girl. Oh god, she's my new Hoban. ..Cept not.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

jessibean wrote:I assumed it was a gnorbu as well; she lacks the little ogrin tufts on top of her head to be one.
Well, I know princess what-ever-her-name is from the Lost Desert Plot has hands as opposed to hooves, and she's an Ixi...

Anyways, this game is very easy. o_O;; Just point at the black-outlined cliff rocks and shoot.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

..this game makes no sense! I managed to get 350ish on level 3 by pure fluke / clicking wildly.. Just have the same struggles with the angle thing not doing what it says its meant to be doing at all..

I figured the character was an Ogrin.. Gnorbu are fat right? :s
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

nanabobo567 wrote:Yeah, to try to make it easier, and probably confuse more people, I'll put it in an example. If your little Ogrin/Gnorbu girl thingy is on the left side, with a cliff almost exactly even with her shoulder, and you aim perfectly at the rock, you'll shoot towards the character's left, at the same angle you shot the rock at. You want to aim up and to the right a tiny bit, so that she shoots perfectly at the rock.
Ohhhhhh! I get it now.

I'm still not very good, but I'm getting better at judging the momentum and now at least I know why I was always missing before. I'm oddly mesmerized. It's a simple game but it's quite fun :)

How on earth are people getting 10,000+?
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Are TNT going with that stereotype that all Asians are smart? 'Cause I can't help but notice that there's that Lunar Cycle game, and now there's this, which relies on quickly thinking of angles with a slight twist. Odd. Oh yeah, and now that I look, the princess is most certainly a Gnorbu, and a Gnorbu without fat is like a Jubjub without fur. So not only are TNT going with the Asian stereotype, but now they're prejudiced against fat people? Tsk, tsk.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

nanabobo567 wrote:Are TNT going with that stereotype that all Asians are smart? 'Cause I can't help but notice that there's that Lunar Cycle game, and now there's this, which relies on quickly thinking of angles with a slight twist. Odd. Oh yeah, and now that I look, the princess is most certainly a Gnorbu, and a Gnorbu without fat is like a Jubjub without fur. So not only are TNT going with the Asian stereotype, but now they're prejudiced against fat people? Tsk, tsk.
Well, when you think about it, she must've done a LOT of training over the years and lost her Gnorbu "fat"...or she just got shaved. One or another or both. :P
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Who says a mighty, lithe warrior can't be fat?