New Game: Bumble Beams

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

New Game: Bumble Beams

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else.

http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=799

Well, I was allowed to test this on Premium, and I liked it from the start. It's not an instant-NP game, but it is a lot of fun, even if a bit frustrating.

Three questions:

(1) What are all the Petpets in this game? Aside from the Millipod, which was in the News, and one I suspect is a Robot Hasee, I don't recognise them.
(2) Does anyone have any idea what triggers the x2 bonus? Or is it random?
(3) I've heard the "oh no" noise when a Petpet lands in the tub before, and I can't for the life of me figure out where.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

1) ImageImageImageImage
Avabot, GX-4 Oscillabot, Roburg 3T3, Rotawheel

None of those are really new petpets, they just don't get a lot of attention compared to doglefoxes, warfs, angelpi and all the other more cutesy mainstream petpets. Which is a pity since there are plenty of reasonably priced and pretty petpets that could have more attention but don't.

There are two cooking pot petpets, the GX-4 Haseebot and Romeep 3T3:
ImageImage

The originals are more sensibly priced and nicer, though, IMO.

2) I think it's an accuracy thing- you get the bonus if the petpet falls into the middle of the bucket rather than just edges in. Also possibly if the petpet doesn't have to fall too far.

3) I've heard it before but I can't think where it's from- I think they re-used some other sound effects too. At least, they sound familiar.

I got as far as the first level of "The Grinder" - has anyone else got further and found out what the levels beyond are like?
Neopets wishlists: here
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

A few of the noises are from Turmac Roll, we think.

I found the game to be INCREDIBLY fun xD Even if I'm horrible at it - but once I got the hang of it, I was really enjoying it. I didn't get too far though, so I can't answer your question, Daisy ;_;
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

The little "ow" noises are from Jubble Bubble I think, when you let the Jubs hit the ground.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I think this game is adorable (and fun), but I reek at it, so I didn't get past level... 4 or so.

I'm a sucker for the "save the ___" games, even though I'm usually terrible at them.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Pros:
- Very simple and addictive.
- The graphics are fluid and the art is not eye-gouging.
- Controls are extremely responsive.

Cons:
- It is somewhat difficult to predict where the petpet will fall after it slips off of the beam.
- The Millipod is missing its antenna.

Comments:
If I were to ever return to Neopets, this would be one of the games I'd play every day without fail. It is extremely fun, even if it isn't a huge moneymaker like, say, Bouncy Supreme. Great job TNT!

5/5 Robotic Stars of DOOM
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

If I were to ever return to Neopets
Confuzzled, If you haven't been on neopets, how do you know what this game plays like?
And if you have played the game, haven't you returned to Neo already? at least to play the game?

Anyways, I like that the game uses unfamiliair petpets > petpet love!
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Marah wrote:
If I were to ever return to Neopets
Confuzzled, If you haven't been on neopets, how do you know what this game plays like?
And if you have played the game, haven't you returned to Neo already? at least to play the game?
My account is still active, so I went and played the game for fun. ;) I consider "returning to Neopets" being attempting to save up for everything again and throwing myself back into the HC so I can talk like I used to. Y'know, like I do with Subeta now.