New neopets layout

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

It is depressing. I just look at some of those drawings and think, "bastards." Referring to Neopets, of course. It's all so stupid. Why are the drawings so damn SMALL?? It's giving me eyestrain if I look at them for too long.

If the faerie Peo has been given this de-vamp, then I no longer want it. Shame, it was one of my next pet goals. Guess I can cross that off the list. What about Mutant Gelerts, then? On that petpage, they look okay, but I just wanted to make sure first. Huggles, you have one. Did the Mutant Gelert escape this horridness?
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Has anyone tested whether pets who have the option of keeping old art can go through pound and retain their old art? I went through pet directory and noticed the only basic pose poogle that kept the old image is the Lost Desert one.

If they can go through pound unharmed (once the pound is working again) I'm looking for one. I know a lot of people here are labing poogles for MSP, so if anyone has a poogle that is currently in Lost Desert form (that they don't want) I'd love to take it of your hands and give you a basic colour poogle to lab in its place.

I tried using the lost desert pb on Mua - but got a new customizable crap poogle.

I wish I was on hiatus when this happened, but I was not :( I was playing my socks off. So I'm finding it very hard to give it all up, and I'm hoping against hope they'll change their minds. I'll most likely quit in a week once we see that justice they are offering is bull as all this was. Getting a normal looking poogle might sway me to stick for some time longer. Maybe.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
sterlinglyons

Post by sterlinglyons »

One of the few benefits derived from this Pet Customisation catastrophe is that I will finally be able to make my Brown Krawk look like a Pharoah (as there has been no Desert Krawk color/species combo to date...

I have no idea how to find wearable Egyptian style items for my Krawk, however, can anyone help with that? I tried a bit on Neoitems, but I'm not sure even how to look for wearable items. Names of items would be helpful if anyone knows. Thanks.
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

Just sent a note to the Editorial; it was light on the blood, gore, and OMGWTF and heavy on the "I know you guys are busy, but..." businessy politeness. I asked them to consider making the old static poses (that we all know and love) a usable option.

Last time I wrote a polite letter to a company the VP apologized and forwarded my concrit on to the necessary department. Maybe my luck will hold out.
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

The new version looks like a fat My Little Pony with some wings randomly attached.

And a detachable tail.
old world underground where are you now?
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

duenorth wrote:Image

The new version looks like a fat My Little Pony with some wings randomly attached.

And a detachable tail.
Um. Ew. So much less graceful. Thanks though, Duenorth. Now I know for sure that I DO NOT WANT. Ugh.

EDIT: I also wanted to say I agree with Zebru-- I'd also like to know if pets revert to the new style when put in the pound. The pound is down right now so I can't test it... I sincerely hope they're not implementing a new policy that changes pets when they're disowned... *gag*
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

If we could just keep more of the old art, I would be perfectly fine with this change. I am not happy about the miniature versions of our pets, I wish they would make them a little bigger, but whatever. I don't care.
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

I love what they did with the Ghost Aisha. (Does anyone know if the Island Hissi was changed or not? I haven't seen any.)
ImageImage
varii

Post by varii »

I really want to just quit and never look back, but I just can't bring myself to. This February I passed the 7 year mark..and I can't believe that everything has changed. It's just not sinking in.

I'm kinda wandering about the site aimlessly just clicking, I went through an angry phase and now I'm back to shock.

I wish I could leave so easily, but I'm going to wait til early next week to see how it setttles. Even though the editorial basically spelled it out, I have to keep hoping a little..because then it's like, what now?
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Does anybody know what the Robot Ixi looks like now? I looked at that petpage, but they didn't seem to have that example up.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I have a Robot Ixi, give me a couple of seconds, I'll take screens! =D

The mutant Ixi is the same as the old one, which is good for Mutant Ixi owners =)

Robot...however...looks bobbleheaded, as 90% of all Ixis (Maraquan looks bad, but not bobble-headed)

http://www.geocities.com/alien_blumaroo/robixi.JPG
Well, I know WHICH I like better.
Last edited by Iggy on 28 Apr 2007 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sterlinglyons

Post by sterlinglyons »

The Robot Ixi is a travesty; a chibi-fied nightmare:

Thankfully, we have the option of keeping the original version.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Nearly all Ixis looks chibified, for real, Maraquan isn't. It's not extraordinary, but its head its HUGE!

My other robot pet...isn't as bad as I expected.

http://pets.neopets.com/cp/lr6jc2lj/1/2

I'm not converting him, but, I'm not in pain when I look at him, really. He lost shape, though.

I'm also looking for someone who has a Robot Pteri. Want to know if the convertion is okay or awful.

If it's okay, I'll keep zapping for one.
Last edited by Iggy on 28 Apr 2007 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

LAME. I was going to go back to target zapping Ixi for Robot, thinking they passed unscathed. But if I get one from now on this new art is going to be forced upon me.

Robot Pteri was on that petpage I think, it looks alright in my opinion.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Damn it, why didn't my Robot Acara get the option to stay the same? :?